The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks, Sunday August 2 @ 7:30 pm

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

14 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Not sure how that would benefit us when the majority of the calls go against us.

The Canucks had 236 PP opportunities this season - 2nd most in the league only to Colorado who get a handful more.  

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

I ageee with what you said about Sven. But with LE he may change his tune if management says your going to Utica Loui. Tell him now and he's had some warning and can consider his options. 

He may, it really depends what his future holds for him, but he has stated he intends to play out his contract. Since he's not going to retire I guess that would mean calling his bluff and seeing if he wants to hang on for 2 years in order to get that $4 mil in the last year. It is a lot of money when faced with the alternative, $5 mil and hockey, or $0 and no hockey.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

The Canucks had 236 PP opportunities this season - 2nd most in the league only to Colorado who get a handful more.  

Yah, guess I’m just too used to how we get treated in the playoffs. Things will hopefully be different, it’s been a while.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

If the Canucks take anything away from the first few games of the play in series, is that structure and strong defensive play is going to win games.

As much as the team had a highly entertaining and offensive high octane game, its not going to work in a tight checking post season atmosphere.  They have to learn to tighten up, play more efficiently in their own zone and be patient.  

Canucks are too aggressive sometimes for their own good at times.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Wow - Oilers getting owned by the Hawks 

Commentators noting that the Oilers are in dire need of a right handed centre that can win faceoffs and kill penalties. Maybe they’ll be willing to take Brandon Sutter off our hands in the offseason.

• Cheers 1

Lots of talk of who is staying and who is going on the team. The next couple of games will dictate who the keepers are and who will move on. Don't care how a player plays in the regular season and I really don't care how they did in an exhibition game. We had our fair share of "Regular season" players the last while and I want to see who wants to "step up" when it REALLY MATTERS. 

We need to be prepared right out the gate. No more slow starts, always been an issue with us. 1st period of the Winnipeg game was an excellent period, lets replicate that. 

Every little thing counts from here on out. Ferland and Roussel, you're up. Time to show us the reason why we got you.

Edited by Odd.