The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks, Sunday August 2 @ 7:30 pm

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

7 minutes ago, Odd. said:

We need to be prepared right out the gate. No more slow starts, always been an issue with us. 1st period of the Winnipeg game was an excellent period, lets replicate that. 

Every little thing counts from here on out. Ferland and Roussel, you're up. Time to show us the reason why we got you.

I don’t think Little Things will be in the lineup...I agree with the rest though. 

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

My guess:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Toffoli

Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen

Ferland - Beagle - Eriksson

(Motte)

OUT - Gaudette, MacEwen, Graovac, Bailey

Sutter should not be in the lineup 

we need Gaud in

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Any word on a potential starting lineup?

My guess:

Miller - Pettersson - Toffoli

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser

Roussel - Gaudette- Ferland

Motte - Beagle - Sutter

Hughes - Tanev

Edler - Myers

Fantenberg - Stecher

Fan Club - Virtanen, Eriksson, MacEwen, Graovac, Bailey, Juolevi, Rafferty,  Chatfield, Domingue 

Long Distance fan club - Benn

• Upvote 1

Virtanen provides the most goals for the 3rd line and 2nd unit PP. He is big, fast, can forecheck and has that intimidating hard and accurate shot. Team is more exciting to watch with Virtanen in the lineup.

Hate to see TG prefers to play games with this important player in the qualifying round. The Canucks 3rd and 4th lines are punchless without Virtanen. They will be outmatched. The Wild is a very good defensive team.  All they have to do is to shut down the Nucks top two lines and they will win this series.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, spliced said:

Hopefully the boys are watching these games and seeing how intense they are. Don't expect anything less than playoff style hockey.

You must be watching some of the vintage games.  The games I watched today had the feeling of a practice scrimmage. 
I watched the exhibition games and thought this bites but it is only an exhibition game. Well the real thing is not any better. 

3 minutes ago, spur1 said:

You must be watching some of the vintage games.  The games I watched today had the feeling of a practice scrimmage. 
I watched the exhibition games and thought this bites but it is only an exhibition game. Well the real thing is not any better. 

Soilers were diving at their regular level.  They're not a legitimate NHL team, so it's unfair to say they were in playoff form, but they sure as hell weren't holding back on the acting.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Soilers were diving at their regular level.  They're not a legitimate NHL team, so it's unfair to say they were in playoff form, but they sure as hell weren't holding back on the acting.

The other games were no better. However it is pretty much what I expected with no fans. No fans=no excitement. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There was an important early Dec game, I recall this clearly. We all bash LouiE, but Nurse dove on his bump SOOOO egregiously..led to a PP that decided the tainted game.

I legitimately felt bad for Bro LouiE at that moment. It was that bad.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

There was an important early Dec game, I recall this clearly. We all bash LouiE, but Nurse dove on his bump SOOOO egregiously..led to a PP that decided the tainted game.

I legitimately felt bad for Bro LouiE at that moment. It was that bad.

I was at that game next to a couple of obnoxious Oilers fans.  That was the worst dive, but their entire team was flopping at every opportunity.  Believe me, I was yelling at Nurse for the whole game after that.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

I don’t understand why they play the “visiting” team goal song? Makes no sense. They should try to recreate the game for the “home” team 

small point but makes no sense to me 

I think this is a great point.

Home team should be represented as much as possible. Goal horn, banners over the empty seats, heck even make the silly fake crowd noise biased towards the 'home' team.