The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks, Sunday August 2 @ 7:30 pm

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

37 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Canucks have some a lot of size in the lineup. i remember when they had Sandlak and Momesso on the third line and Odjick and Hunter or Antoski on the 4th line.

Kind of reminds me of those days with Ferland, Virtanen, MacEwen, Beagle, two heavy lines to play against. Goes a long way in the playoffs, wearing down the other teams D.

Size doesn’t matter if you don’t play tough and unfortunately playing tough is not our style, we will be the team worn down, we don’t have the edginess nor the experience. Even if we get knocked out in the preliminary round it’ll be some growth and any round thereafter will be a bonus.

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Size doesn’t matter if you don’t play tough and unfortunately playing tough is not our style, we will be the team worn down, we don’t have the edginess nor the experience. Even if we get knocked out in the preliminary round it’ll be some growth and any round thereafter will be a bonus.

I think they can play tough, they aren't cheap shot artists though. If Ferland can play the way he did against us with the Flames, he'll add alot of toughness. We have Beagle, Rousell, Benn, Fantenberg, Virtanen, MacEwen, Motte, Miller, Edler and Horvat. They can all play physical.  

Just now, Timbermen said:

I think they can play tough, they aren't cheap shot artists though. If Ferland can play the way he did against us with the Flames, he'll add alot of toughness. We have Beagle, Rousell, Benn, Fantenberg, Virtanen, MacEwen, Motte, Miller, Edler and Horvat. They can all play physical.  

I just don’t think it’s our style, that is why I don’t like Green, he’s too soft and as a result our team is. I just hope they learn from this experience.

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Lol gtfo

3 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I don't think that at all. When healthy and playing well, their style is play agressively and be physical on the forecheck.  That's their game.

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think that at all. When healthy and playing well, their style is play agressively and be physical on the forecheck.  That's their game.

We shall see and i hope you’re right but their track record of sticking up for each other is rather poor and they have no experience how intense a playoff series can get. 

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

We shall see and i hope you’re right but their track record of sticking up for each other is rather poor and they have no experience how intense a playoff series can get. 

that's got nothing to do with tough and has nothing to do with winning hockey games

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Respond by running there best player.

That’s my point, we don’t do that, we don’t fight back so they take even more liberties and this will all be ramped up in the playoffs.

I’d kill for a cup but being objective, we’re a mediocre team will no playoff experience and a turn the other cheek attitude instilled by our coach, doesn’t look to promising.

Edited by Dumb Nuck