129 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Calder Trophy?

• Quinn Hughes
    • Cale Makar
    • Dominik Kubalik

This poll is closed to new votes

Who should win: Quinn Hughes

Who will win: Cale Makar :(

On another note: I would have Adam Fox as the 3rd finalist. I know Kubalik's 30 goals was impressive, but his total points doesn't impress me as much (46 pts) and he is older and has pro-experience. IMO, Fox had a more impressive season with the Rangers in comparison as he was a plus player (+22) as a rookie defenseman putting up 40+ points.

Edited by ruilin96
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

17 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

On another note: I would have Adam Fox as the 3rd finalist. I know Kubalik's 30 goals was impressive, but his total points doesn't impress me as much (46 pts) and he is older and has pro-experience. IMO, Fox had a more impressive season with the Rangers in comparison as he was a plus player (+22) as a rookie defenseman putting up 40+ points.

Agree with everything here. My pick is Hughes by a hair, but I'm betting Makar wins. Fox should also definitely be third. 

22 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate.  I think whichever one wins, Hughes or Makar, it's well deserved

• Thanks 1

Maybe it's just me, but it still bugs me that they call them 'finalists'.  There is no final vote.  There is only one vote and these guys are the top three vote getters.  The winner has already been determined.

The way they announce it you would think that these guys are the three nominees that the voters get to choose from, but that's not how it works.

55 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

For only the third time in 80 seasons

a rookie defenseman leads the league in rookie scoring with 53 points. But not good enough for the Calder apparently. 

3F342FC6-AA2B-46F8-A007-6A5396D04CC5.jpeg

What elite company!  Saw Leetch play in 1994, but who's Bobby Orr?  Never heard of him.

• Haha 2