Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Assets to Kraken for Expansion Consideration


Recommended Posts

2022 3rd rd pick + rights to Tryamkin to KRAKEN for 'expansion considerations'. 

 

Are teams even going to make 'expansion consideration' trades with the KRAKEN this time around or did the GM's learn their lessons from the last time? 

 

Don't sweat the trade to much folks, honestly just wanted to make a trade proposal to the KRAKEN to see what it would sound like^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I had a choice I would rather Tryamkin not be playing for a division rival. I think GMs will be hesitant to make the same deals as last time (eg. Dale Tallon). The only thing I could see as a possibility with the Canucks is an enticement to not take Demko or a second rounder + prospect to take LE in the final year of his deal.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

True that, Karlsson/ Reilly Smith went from under-performers to become top-6 guys :mellow:
Imagine if Ron Francis took Loui in the Ex Draft and became the guy we all anticipated him to be and he's a steal at $6 million...

image.jpeg.721f674934fcb03ce257d10083a8799c.jpeg

Karlsson agreed but Reily was a good player, and marcheasault had a great season, everyone was astonished at Tallon's decisions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ya we will trade demko before expansion probably to wings or sens or islanders or sharks to highest bidder at next yrs deadline   id rather eriksson drown in utica on a bus than give away assets  but seattle might pick up rousell or myers or beagle if we dont protect them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

If I had a choice I would rather Tryamkin not be playing for a division rival. I think GMs will be hesitant to make the same deals as last time (eg. Dale Tallon). The only thing I could see as a possibility with the Canucks is an enticement to not take Demko or a second rounder + prospect to take LE in the final year of his deal.

Unless we make the jump to the khl I dont think well be playing him.

 

I dont see him coming back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tryamkin’s rights expire Aug 31st. Depending on when the season ends next year his rights may have expired before the daft even happens.  His rights are practically worthless in this scenario.  I think Seattle will be looking for better returns depending on what consideration they’re giving 

Edited by qwijibo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Fanuck said:

2022 3rd rd pick + rights to Tryamkin to KRAKEN for 'expansion considerations'. 

 

Are teams even going to make 'expansion consideration' trades with the KRAKEN this time around or did the GM's learn their lessons from the last time? 

 

Don't sweat the trade to much folks, honestly just wanted to make a trade proposal to the KRAKEN to see what it would sound like^_^

This part.....The GM's learned their lesson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tryamkin's rights are worth about as much as a Sekeres trade rumor at this point. I think we should just prepare to lose a goalie. Not sure what goalies will be exposed but I don't see how Seattle can pass on Demko or Marky. Given what else we could expose. Virtanen/Gaudette may get exposed? Even now too much can change to predict what we may be exposing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Tryamkin's rights are worth about as much as a Sekeres trade rumor at this point. I think we should just prepare to lose a goalie. Not sure what goalies will be exposed but I don't see how Seattle can pass on Demko or Marky. Given what else we could expose. Virtanen/Gaudette may get exposed? Even now too much can change to predict what we may be exposing. 

They can only take one.  Can that one Canucks player be that dynamic to punish us for the next decade?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Fanuck said:

2022 3rd rd pick + rights to Tryamkin to KRAKEN for 'expansion considerations'. 

 

Are teams even going to make 'expansion consideration' trades with the KRAKEN this time around or did the GM's learn their lessons from the last time? 

 

Don't sweat the trade to much folks, honestly just wanted to make a trade proposal to the KRAKEN to see what it would sound like^_^

Even before clicking this thread to read, I suspected that you only wanted to type the word ‘Kraken’.  :-p

 

In all seriousness, I like the expansion considerations idea, particularly if the Canucks plan to roll with both Markstrom and Demko for the foreseeable future (although I’m not sure how feasible it is given that Demko is already crossing into ‘1B’ territory and may want more games per season on a new team if he’s not getting it here due to Markstrom).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a wild thought? 

How about let them take the players they are allowed to take in the expansion draft, and don't try to bribe them to avoid good  players.

Part of the reason Vegas got so good, so fast was all the side deals teams made with them. 

Let the chips fall where they may. 

  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...