The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCQR: (5) Edmonton Oilers vs. (12) Chicago Blackhawks | Blackhawks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Brock Botanen said:

If Oilers get Lefreniere itd basically be like if the Penguins somehow got Ovechkin with Crosby and Malkin. 2 headed monsters are scary enough to face. Imagine a trio

PLEASE HOCKEY GODS THEY DONT DESERVE IT!!!

Top 3 superstars, supporting cast will be abysmal!
And Oilers still suck!

3 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

You think we can out luck the Oilers? The Devils aren't in the Lefreniere sweepstakes so now were due to have a powerhouse in our division next year

Laffy isnt gonna come in make them a powerhouse in his first year. He's not a Mcdavid or Mathews. He's  a tier below. 

He'll be a good addition to 2nd or 3rd line. Give them more depth and offense deeper into lineup. 

I think Puljijarvi will make more of an impact than Laffy would in his rookie year. . He's a more mature and developed player. Led the best team in Finland in scoring and is developing an all around game.  

9 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

I can respect that opinion. Offensively though McDavid hands down the best in the league. I dont watch many Oilers games to judge his defence but his offensive highlights speak for themselves

Absolutely, offensively speaking, blue line in, McD is exciting as hell.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to WCQR: (5) Edmonton Oilers vs. (12) Chicago Blackhawks | Blackhawks win series 3-1

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Florida wins the Laffy sweepstakes....think about it, an American team that is struggling financially that needs a good shot in the arm.

18 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Florida wins the Laffy sweepstakes....think about it, an American team that is struggling financially that needs a good shot in the arm.

Florida, Nashville, Jets. Just please, please don't let Coilers or the Laffs, if they lose out, get it. Got a feeling Rangers win it. They just seem to have some mojo going there way. 

1 hour ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I don't know whether feel bad for Oilers fans or laugh at them

Well, any adult that gets emotionally invested in a sports team I immediately “feel bad” for them. But in a much different way.

1 hour ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Definitely gotta feel for McDavid though.  

I feel happy for him, his future wife and kids, and his forever family. They don’t have to worry about financial security ever again. 

Edited by Monty
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Monty said:

Well, any adult that gets emotionally invested in a sports team I immediately “feel bad” for them. But in a much different story way.

I feel happy for him, his future wife and kids, and his forever family. They don’t have to worry about financial security ever again. 

Like the rest of us schleps that have to worry about bills, jobs, mortgages, health care etc.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

their fans were against us in 2011, you should definitely laugh at them.

But they also have to live in an absolute hellhole of a city, which does make me kind of pity them.  I wouldn't wish living in that dump on my worst enemy.

• Cheers 1