The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matt Dumba first NHL player to take a knee

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I know right.

The whole world is such a clown show, the reptilians have controlled our media for a long time. Thank god we have a few people that haven';t been blue pilled such as Q that are out there trying to stop the pedo's in power. 

I don't watch videos on a discussion board but because I saw some black people posted in those on the last page... that obviously means the BLM movement is just another honk honk hoax to keep control. The media needs to be destroyed, I think we could all just gather all the truth we need from places like Reddit and 4chan.

there have always been people on the fringes of lefty movements in north america. But when you look at some of the results over the generations we also ended up with things like labour laws, voting rights,and  health care. So I'm not going to freak out (or click a link) over someone on the margins of a movement that looks like its bringing people together in a meaningful way finally. If we see some more actual equality emerge from this I don't care if one of a movements founders like to see politics from a marxist pov. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 3

41 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

What about the cops who killed Breonna Taylor?

No charges as far as I know, but that situation is a lot more complicated than is being portrayed by many.  It was apparently a no knock warrant, and police returned fire when her boyfriend opened fire on them.  She was killed as a result and there is room for some discussion on how police should respond when being shot at from an apartment when they don't know everything about who or what is in the apartment.  But the narrative that the cops went hunting for sleeping black people in their apartments is nonsensical.

If the full situation is known and considered, the Breonna Taylor tragedy isn't the most compelling example to give if trying to make a case for evil or racist cops.  It may be a case of poor training or room for improvement in procedures, and perhaps you have better ideas for how the police should respond when they are being shot at in the doorway to an apartment.  One of the policemen was actually shot by the boyfriend before the police returned fire.

It's an unfortunate situation but it's very easy to leave details out to make things appear one way or the other.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

But the narrative that the cops went hunting for sleeping black people in their apartments is nonsensical.

I can’t say I’ve seen much of that narrative. All I’ve seen is people calling it grossly incompetent and negligent, which I’d say it was. 

13 hours ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

From the National Museum of African American History & Culture:

this poster implies that non-white people can’t follow schedules, follow the law, work hard, nor have family structures. It’s terribly ironic that those claiming to be the most against racism are the ones being the most racist

0C13C5BE-0A43-46C9-A0DB-865C7599E3F2.jpeg

It's so ridiculous and denigrating to black people that it almost comes across as a false flag propaganda document made by white supremacists.  This is like something Goebbels would have said Jews thought about Aryans.

Rational thinking, hard work.  How on earth do the people saying black people aren't down with that get praised as fighting racism.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 7:15 PM, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Could also add Tommy Sotomayor to that list, and Thomas Sowell. blm is a Marxist organization hell bent on destroying the west. This racist narrative comes up every election year, it’s manufactured to bring out the vote for the democrats, even though they are the racist ones with their bigotry of low expectations for black people, everywhere that’s been run by democrats For 30+ years there’s massive black poverty rates.

Watch how this black man describes everything wrong with blm with facts and logic. 

https://youtu.be/aNsUsF_Rymo

Tommy is one of the funniest guys out there.

It's odd how many white people think the way to not be racist is to let white people on CNN tell them what all black people think about everything.

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2020 at 4:03 PM, Kevin Biestra said:

Well, if you're at all interested in hearing a few black voices on what you've said...  I don't really expect anyone to watch them, but these are four fairly popular black voices / commentators if anyone is interested.

Conservative shills, or at least the first two are. Black people can just be after the money as well, in spite of it going against the larger interest of improving their lives and the lives of those within their race.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:49 PM, RWMc1 said:

They're not protesting the anthem. They are using it as a platform to continue to demand change. The other players are standing in solidarity with Dumba.

trump and his racist backers forced the NFL to ban peaceful protests under the guise of patriotism; free speech be damned. After a racist cop executed another black man in plain sight, people had enough and demanded change. Some of the protests turned violent,(some intentionally) and the racists asked "Why can't they protest peacefully?"

You don't get to decide who gets to speak out against racism!!! The alt-right want it to go away as it used to do, thus the deflections I suppose.

Bingo.

And I wasn't going to bother to read this thread beyond much of the first page, but I kept going and I'm glad to know how some posters actually think. Some I might disagree with on hockey, but have appreciated their stance here. Others, well, others have just shown where they stand on racism.

2 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Conservative shills, or at least the first two are. Black people can just be after the money as well, in spite of it going against the larger interest of improving their lives and the lives of those within their race.

None of the people I posted are shills.  A black conservative shill can exist, just like a liberal shill can exist, but the Hodge Twins and Brandon Tatum speak their minds honestly and back up their positions.  The Hodge Twins are professional comedians who happen to voice their take on social issues as well.  Tatum gives his opinions and when it's relevant, backs up his stance with his experience on the SWAT team.

As for Anthony Brian Logan and Jericho Green, again both speak honestly.  Jericho is just a regular guy that talks in his car on the way to work and developed a large following by doing so.

Snoop Dogg called the Hodge Twins race traitors and a racial slur that white people certainly aren't allowed to use.  But calling black people that disagree with the Democrat party race traitors is exactly why you get stuff like Joe Biden telling black people that if they don't vote for him, then they ain't black.

Look at you right now, saying that a black person having a conservative view on something is going against the larger interest of improving the lives of those within their race.  Have you heard of Blexit?

If you want to talk about white privilege, how about the privilege of being able to vote however you want and not being expected to vote any particular way because of your race, because that's something white people always get to do and probably take for granted.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

On 8/2/2020 at 10:59 AM, Sean Monahan said:

I can’t say I’ve seen much of that narrative. All I’ve seen is people calling it grossly incompetent and negligent, which I’d say it was. 

Agreed, and "Officer Tatum" isn't a source I'd trust to give me the facts on the case. Breonna Taylor's BF yelled out asking who it was before firing, and even then fired towards the ground in the hopes of wounding whoever it was. The cops never identified themselves, and fired recklessly.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Agreed, and "Officer Tatum" isn't a source I'd trust to give me the facts on the case. Breonna Taylor's BF yelled out asking who it was before firing, and even then fired towards the ground in the hopes of wounding whoever it was. The cops never identified themselves, and fired recklessly.

Whether the police identified themselves is a matter of dispute.  The police say that they did.

If you have more up to date facts or evidence then I will defer to it, but otherwise, why are you presenting these things as definitive?

Edited by Kevin Biestra

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

Bingo.

And I wasn't going to bother to read this thread beyond much of the first page, but I kept going and I'm glad to know how some posters actually think. Some I might disagree with on hockey, but have appreciated their stance here. Others, well, others have just shown where they stand on racism.

And there you have it.  Kneel and support the BLM organization or you're a racist.  Don't ask questions about the BLM organization or you're a racist.  Follow these exact procedures or else you'll get called a racist.

In the video I provided, the BLM founder herself says that the reason the organization will succeed is that it will employ Marxist tactics.  She said it herself.

Well guess what, I am against racism.  And guess what else?  I looked into the BLM organization and don't agree with its platform, so it doesn't have my support.

Is BLM actually a registered nonprofit organization?  You might be surprised.

And if you want to know what happens with the donations it receives, well...again, you might be surprised.

Hey, guess what else...  From yet another black commentator that disagrees with the BLM platform and tactics...

And you know what else?  If anybody else wants to look into BLM or ask questions about it...you can do so and it doesn't make you a racist!

It is okay to ask questions about what you are supporting.  It doesn't make you a racist.  It means you are treating black people like adults because you would probably have these questions for an organization that represented white people.

Do you know how many black people have been killed by the riots and how that number actually compares to the number of unarmed black people killed by police?  Because I actually care about black lives and more black people have been killed by the riots in a few months than unarmed black people were killed by police in 2019 and 2020 combined.  But the black people killed by the riots aren't getting reported.

So how many black people do you want to sacrifice to make the point that police brutality and racism are bad?  Because it is already more than the police were going to kill themselves.  And if you want to keep sacrificing more black people than the police were ever going to kill, to make sure everyone knows you think racism is bad, then how much do you really care about black lives?

Does David Dorn's life matter?  His life mattered to me.

So, I'm going to stand against racism, which is something I have done for pretty much my whole life.  But I think I will choose other ways to do it.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I feel no player in any league or any person ever should kneel or sit during an anthem regardless of the reason.   Why does one take their hat off during the anthem.  Out of respect.  So why is kneeling ok?  There MUST be a better way of standing up against racism!