The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meteor shower on August 12th

BoHorvatFan20

buy a tripod and a shutterrelease cable put camera in manual mode put f stop to lowest 1.4 or 2 watever lowest on lens is  pit on  bulb mode   turn off auto focus and manually put to infinitity or clearest focus u can make then press shutter 20-30 seconds  iso 100-200  you should get  decent shots of milky way  if u take 30 shots of same areau can stack the photos in photoshop and make a crazy photo 

I haven’t used it myself, but I’ve seen the app NightCap mentioned often as an effective way for iPhone users to get good meteor photos. A tripod is still required, of course.

Here’s a link with detailed instructions:

https://www.nightcapcamera.com/meteor-showers/?ez_cid=CLIENT_ID(AMP_ECID_EZOIC)

Again, I haven’t used this app personally, so can’t vouch for it, but it seems to get good reviews and I’ve seen it mentioned in several articles on photographing meteor showers using a smartphone.

1 hour ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Awesome pics @canuktravella, is that a drone moving across the lake? 

On a side note has anyone ever used the night sky app? Whenever I'm out and I want to know what I'm looking at I whip it out. It even tracks satellites and the ISS. 

no its at the beach my buddies walking a lightsabre across the beach spinning it i think that was a 30 second shot look up light painting techniques its alot of hard work  i used  to go out with buddies and do it   theres alot of tricks u can learn 

12 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

no its at the beach my buddies walking a lightsabre across the beach spinning it i think that was a 30 second shot look up light painting techniques its alot of hard work  i used  to go out with buddies and do it   theres alot of tricks u can learn 

Not sure I agree with you using a Mace Windu lightsaber but a very cool effect nonetheless. :bigblush: