The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 6th, 2020 | 11:30am PT, SNP | SCQ Game #3

Rate this topic

Roberts

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Bailey is already in the bubble.

Lind is not, but is ineligible, as he wasn't on the list of 30 players that Benning submitted to the NHL.  (With Ferland, Toffoli and possibly Roussel and Gaudette "unfit to play",  reserves are thin ... Graovac,  Bailey and Big Mac.  JB/TG might regret not going to the max 31 players allowed)

Yeah only Dipietro can be called up but that's in an extreme emergency if Markstrom and Demko get hurt.

With Ferland out of the series and Toffoli in a moon boot, let's hope Roussel is good to go!

If Rouss is ok, my forward lineup would be:

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Eriksson

Roussel Sutter Virtanen

Motte Beagle MacEwen

If Rouss is still injured, my forward lineup would be:

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Eriksson

Virtanen Sutter Gaudette

Motte Beagle MacEwen

20 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Bailey is already in the bubble.

Lind is not, but is ineligible, as he wasn't on the list of 30 players that Benning submitted to the NHL.  (With Ferland, Toffoli and possibly Roussel and Gaudette "unfit to play",  reserves are thin ... Graovac,  Bailey and Big Mac.  JB/TG might regret not going to the max 31 players allowed)

If we are really short on forwards, we could play Juolevi, Rafferty, Chatfield and even Benn when he joins the team up front. I think someone like Stecher could play as a forward much like Biega did. Have to wonder if Domingue could suit up as a player as well (or maybe a staffer on emergency basis, eg Baumer looks like he could still play in some capacity). And hopefully they hold the fort until bodies heal.

Green already said "some of" Ferland, Roussel, Gaudette and Toffoli would be skating today. Obviously not Ferland, but sounds like the rest aren't far off. I think it would be quite catastrophic if we get to the point where we are short bodies. If we got an extra trainer (not sure who the extra they decided to bring in over a player) in to help with the recovery of these guys, surely that would be more beneficial to the main group.

2 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Super pissed off about the early start time. I’m going to miss the GDT and I’ll have to record the game because of work. What are the odds I make it through the whole day without finding out the score? Ruins watching the game for me. Like watching a movie where you already know the ending. I’ll still watch it because I’m a diehard but takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me. 

I suggest to not come on CDC if you don’t want to get spoiled as I’ve been putting the status of the series in the PGT title. Just a heads up. :) 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Big Huge game for this new best of 2 series...weird game time for it tho.

i guess this is kinda the 2nd period of the series.

Go Canucks Go

You mean best of 3 series.  Best of 2 isn’t a thing.  

issue i have with ferland.. has a LONG list of concussion history.. what does he do the first game back each time? drops the gloves and trade blows to the head... not necessary the fight that gave him the issue.. but taking unncessary shots to the head increases the chance the next hit can knock him out.

17 minutes ago, JoGuitar said:

Sad news about Ferland, I've been through my own concussion struggles and it's never easy walking away from activities you love. But the risk outweighs the reward sometimes.

You know what though, the guy has battled his way to the point of sobriety and has a wife and a little girl at home. And he had a very good NHL career. There's absolutely no shame in him walking away. He has so much to be proud of.

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, EP Phone Home said:

Really unfortunate about Ferland, we are getting thin really quick with 4 forward injuries in two games what happens once the 30 players wouldn’t be enough to dress a roster if the injuries are mounting up? These are definitely unusual times so I’m interested to know if teams are allowed to recall outside the bubble and if so they would have to quarantine? Or would we have Dman playing forward or if it really gets bad injury wise, would Demko play forward? Anybody could help me out with the protocol would be fantastic. 

Love the pushback from Petey and loved how he doesn’t take any crap. That’s what you want, no more turning the cheek. 

Game will be early but I’ll be listening to it on the way up Queen Charlotte Strait. Never thought I’d be doing the annal summer coastal trip while listening/watching hockey games. Just crazy times but loving it! GO CANUCKS GO!

08FC2B84-07DD-4016-BEC5-DC2F7B3F99C4.jpeg

Nice.

And now you owe me a boat ride.

• Cheers 1