The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 6th, 2020 | 11:30am PT, SNP | SCQ Game #3

Rate this topic

Roberts

52 minutes ago, NucksinNorway said:

Turns out when on holiday with the wife, and the game is on at 830pm local time; all I need to do is ask if I can go to the pub to watch the game. I knew there was a reason why I married this girl! 

It’s great to be able to watch a Canucks game at a normal time and not early hours of the morning :)

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

If either of those teams wins first overall, would the best move be to trade that for the best Dman in the league? Like Josi, Carlson or Hedman? 

If we get it I'd be discussing a possible trade down for Drysdale

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mll said:

If they promise him that amount outside of his NHL contract, it would be considered cap circumvention with fines up to 5M counting against the cap and even the loss of draft picks.

Oh ok I see.   I wasn’t quite clear on the rules and was trying to use the Luongo situation in Florida as a comparable.   Thank you for clarifying.

13 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I'd go if Roussel can play: 

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Loui

Roussel-Sutter-MacEwen 

Motte-Beagle-Virtanen 

Hard to leave Gaudette off of the third line since they were so dominant before the pause. But we need to win draws and be defensively sound.

Why would play Loui on line 2 and not line 4?

jake is not a shut down guy, we need him on line 2

swap Loui and Jake 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

This game is prime time for me here in Finland. It’s a 9.30 P.M start here so I’m very happy.

Normally, I have to wake up at 4.30 or 5.30 A.M to see my Canucks play so this is a luxurious time for me.

Go Canucks Go :canucks:

Same here it’s a 7:30pm start normally a 3:30am start. This is an luxury for me as well :)

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

If we get it I'd be discussing a possible trade down for Drysdale

Nah if we crash out and get no1 you take Laffy - he can score goals but he is the ultimate assist machine and has unreal hockey vision. Him feeding Peterson would be amazing. Plus you get 3 years of ELC so will be a massive help cap wise and create a window to win now, that will stay open for a while. You can then trade a few of the other players which we would keep otherwise to fill the defence holes 

• Cheers 1

Play the same game we did in game 2 we will have them in the ropes.  Hope Mac slots in,  after Hartman diving his own face into the ice he’s shamed himself and will be looking for retribution and need a guy like Zack on the ice to take an instigator if need be.    Plus his offense is decent too .... 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Nah if we crash out and get no1 you take Laffy - he can score goals but he is the ultimate assist machine and has unreal hockey vision. Him feeding Peterson would be amazing. Plus you get 3 years of ELC so will be a massive help cap wise and create a window to win now, that will stay open for a while. You can then trade a few of the other players which we would keep otherwise to fill the defence holes 

BPA, especially when it’s a franchise player like that.

33 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Why would play Loui on line 2 and not line 4?

jake is it a shut down guy, we need him on line 2

swap Loui and Jake 

Maybe.   Also wonder if McEwen slots in, if he does JV moves up a line if he doesn’t anyways ...

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Play the same game we did in game 2 we will have them in the ropes.  Hope Mac slots in,  after Hartman diving his own face into the ice he’s shamed himself and will be looking for retribution and need a guy like Zack on the ice to take an instigator if need be.    Plus his offense is decent too .... 

Disagree - the early goal helped but we didn’t play by on great, it was only when we went a few up and they had to open up we started to look better.

we need to hit the net more, hold it in the zone better and enter the zone better. We started in the 3rd period to clear the slot and stop allowing someone free in on markstrom. Positive is we won and showed more intensity. More of the same game style is relying on individual skills and not team 

3 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Disagree - the early goal helped but we didn’t play by on great, it was only when we went a few up and they had to open up we started to look better.

we need to hit the net more, hold it in the zone better and enter the zone better. We started in the 3rd period to clear the slot and stop allowing someone free in on markstrom. Positive is we won and showed more intensity. More of the same game style is relying on individual skills and not team 

The game I watched we were the better team from the time the puck dropped right until they pulled their goalie pretty much...notice the hit clock went way down?  Hitting often means you put yourself out of position...I’d rather we did exactly what we did last game then revert to how we played in game one.   Special teams were a big part of game 2 as well that definitely screwed with the flow of the game ... what exactly were your disagreeing on?  Slotting Mac in?  He likes to hit ... 

5 hours ago, NucksinNorway said:

Turns out when on holiday with the wife, and the game is on at 830pm local time; all I need to do is ask if I can go to the pub to watch the game. I knew there was a reason why I married this girl! 

Why not take her with you to a place that plays the game..  830 pm. Go have cpl beer and dinner. Nice relaxing evening out.

1 hour ago, Spoosh said:

This game is prime time for me here in Finland. It’s a 9.30 P.M start here so I’m very happy.

Normally, I have to wake up at 4.30 or 5.30 A.M to see my Canucks play so this is a luxurious time for me.

Go Canucks Go :canucks:

Enjoy! That's the time I get off work. Somebody please knock on (or throw a pizza at) my door if I'm not up at 11:30 pacific.

• Huggy Bear 1

Oh boy. Ferland out again..

If I'm him I think about going on LTIR and retire.. he can't stay in lineup. Multiple concussions this season alone...

Canucks get some cap relief. Ferland still gets paid 3.5 mill per year for 3 more years.