The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 06, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Agreed. Its easy to blame the coach when things aren't going well. Green isn't perfect but he's a good coach. I like how he handles the team. 

I’m not sold on green, but will give him credit for today and the defensive tweaks we have made. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Tanev showing why he should be a priority UFA signing for us.  He was huge on the PK today and they're obviously targeting him because they know how effective he is.  After all these years he still doesn't get the credit he deserves imo.

I cant recall a single game in his career where he had a bad or “off” game.

He is insanely consistent and so damn good at getting im the way of shots and disrupting plays. First to the puck, takes the monster hit and makes the simple pass and the puck is out of our zone time and time again. He is the messiah of taking the hit to make the play

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

every coach has their annoying quirks. But the way this  team plays hard for each other is all culture and thats a big credit to Green for sure. 

If you saw his interview it was great. A person who grew up to teach young players the right way. Someone invested in getting better and supporting each other. What can you hate about that?

And people try to complain he's a bad coach ... like you wouldn't want him coaching your kids team? He's an idiot? These people are the very definition.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

If you saw his interview it was great. A person who grew up to teach young players the right way. Someone invested in getting better and supporting each other. What can you hate about that?

And people try to complain he's a bad coach ... like you wouldn't want him coaching your kids team? He's an idiot? These people are the very definition.

To be honest I ******* hated him as a player

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Yes!  Thanks for noticing.  Anyone who’s upset about Myers play needs to give their head a shake and watch more hockey ... eventually you will get it.  He’s been awesome every game so far.  I’ve said it and will keep saying it until I’d see differently - this guy has changed the entire complection of our D since he arrived.  Elder and Tanev are finally healthy... Myers shoots the puck with his 20-25 seconds of 2nd unit PP time ever time he gets, kills penalties and shares the toughest minutes.  And properly abuses anyone that comes near our net (or him for that matter).  1/3 of his penalties are make up calls and some of them aren’t even penalties at all.   Hope he keeps it up.  With LE in the lineup too we can kill those things.  My favourite Stanley Cup winner the last 20 years or so was ANA.   He’s playing like they did - and now with LE and some tweaks we can take the penalty and move on.   It’s not easy to play against a giant and get abused every second shift.    He’s a star IMO - one of the most influential players on our team the past three games. 

Without wanting to rehash the whole tryamkin thing - if we can make a deal when he finishes the KHL next season Myers and Tryamkin together would have opposing forwards looking to the bench for a change 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

At Utica and lower levels and developing actual youth - no issue with the guy, however you could be the best youth coach in the world, doesn’t mean you would be suitable for the NHL

Edited by UKNuck96

9 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

I love how he didn’t let up at all. That’s the Sutter that we’ve been waiting 3 years for. 

A Sutter is a Sutter after all.  I think they're genetically programmed for playoff hockey.  I don't think they even really have a choice in it, it's pure hockey instinct.  Go Canucks Go!

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

To be honest I ******* hated him as a player

I hated him more when the Leafs singed him to a $42 contract when they could have signed so many other players but their head office was a conglomerate of consortium mongrels. Wrecked hockey for Canada. Back then I thought maybe only the Leafs could win the cup with their money, and that's I was pissed Green got signed. He was just a good player though. Not as as good as he or anyone thinks. Great coaching material.

• Vintage 1