The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 06, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

I’m not sold on green, but will give him credit for today and the defensive tweaks we have made. 

Wonder if 2222228888 or whatever his handle agrees .... haven’t noticed his/hers fifty or so posts yet about what TG did wrong today.   Sure we should have played somebody different or maybe today it’s about something else entirely.   Like how TG’s chin is weak or something.   Well for sure it’s just because our roster is really a contender. 

Also - as an aside - how are we doing so far without Tyler Toffoli?   ... when is someone going to start a thread “Toffoli - do we really need him?!”    No im worried I got too cocky so take it all back.   

23 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I've said it before I'll say it again...I'd let TT walk.

I’ve been saying this all along fighting the good fight in all the BB trade forums ... you simply don’t trade a Calder runner up and a top five all-time rookie performance plus 3 just to saddle yourself with a good (not great) vet.   Also said I’d rather keep JV too.   Cap in that case - get better bang for the buck. I’m stoked he made the move because it was the right thing for the team and the cost was fair.   And will be stoked when he comes back as he’s going to help us a lot.  Shades of acquiring Brown in 94 I hope. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Just watched this 10x in a row :) 

Stech with the crosscheck high and Sutter driving him like that..

Can't believe Sutter didn't get a penalty.. Fiala started it so it's hard to let Minny come out of that with a PP but Sutter deserved 2 mins for sure.. 

EP got one earlier where he didn't deserve it so these things usually even out.. 

Great response by Canucks..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I’ve been saying this all along fighting the good fight in all the BB trade forums ... you simply don’t trade a Calder runner up and a top five all-time rookie performance plus 3 just to saddle yourself with a good (not great) vet.   Also said I’d rather keep JV too.   Cap in that case - get better bang for the buck. I’m stoked he made the move because it was the right thing for the team and the cost was fair.   And will be stoked when he comes back as he’s going to help us a lot.  Shades of acquiring Brown in 94 I hope. 

Oh yea BB is better than TT.

If anything I'd move Tanner Pearson and Troy Stretcher.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Brovat said:

my hot take is he should of run this line up (or something very close it) from the start and maybe we would be celebrating a sweep right now. Just saying. 

Curious for anyone to post their predicted lineup that is similar to this lineup (Gaudette sitting, Sutter as 3C, Loui on the 2nd line). Hindsight is great. Ice the winning lineup every night, excellent hot take.

The loss is taken as some adversity and I think our young guys have learned and grown from it (and so far have improved every game). Not to say they intentionally lost game 1, but this is all playoff experience which was the goal of the season. The team is buying into Green's system and its working and that's all that matters.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

At Utica and lower levels and developing actual youth - no issue with the guy, however you could be the best youth coach in the world, doesn’t mean you would be suitable for the NHL

i guess it really doesn't matter if we like or dislike our coach, the players like him alot and that adds up to wanting  to play their best for him

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1