The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 06, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

52 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Amateur :bored:

B)

@luckylager

Not that I can talk.  I can't even remember the last time I was drinking before noon.  And alcohol intake has nothing to do with that memory loss, it's just been too effing long.

I miss those young and inebriated days.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Brovat said:

Is there a source for AG being a healthy scratch? 

Game 1 for me would of been lotto. Toff on line 2. JV, AG, Fer or Rooster. Sutter, Beagle, Motte. 

I could of stomached losing with those lines. That’s my point. 

He (and Juolevi) took the pre- game warm up, so was either a last minute coach decision, or else a ruse to throw off Minny

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Poor guy can't win.  Doesnt play physical, not worth his money.  Plays mean playoff hockey, something we desperately need, and he still isn't doing it right.  Some of those were weak calls too.  I'll take those penalties with that physicality every game.

Yesss

If he wasn't playing hard people would be wondering "who is going to step up and battle on defence?" 

Minimum 2 of his infractions were garbage.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Before the series started the experts were saying how Canucks will only win with our speed game over the Wild. After watching these 3 games we have seen the boys adapt to speed, grit and good ole fashioned in your face hockey. This team will be a force now and for years to come. Thanks hockey Gods for allowing us to pick 5th and 7th overall in past drafts, no need for 1st overall. ::D

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, Brovat said:

Game 1 for me would of been lotto. Toff on line 2. JV, AG, Fer or Rooster. Sutter, Beagle, Motte. 

If that's considered close to the lineup now, then not sure how one could criticize the lineup in game 1. Your lineup is closer to game 1 lineup than it is now. If we would've lost that lineup anyway, then the sweep talk is moot.

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Yep.  Hope Myers isn’t reeled in one bit. Just unleash him.   He was one of WNPs best defenseman a couple years ago when they had their little run...I’m absolutely stoked with the way he’s playing the game.  Reminds me of Murzyn with more size and skating ability.   Punishing whomever comes near the net and constantly giving each player he comes into contact with... well actual contact.    Sure they are none too happy playing against him right now ... not one bit ..

His presence is necessary behind Edler, Tanev, and Huges. No doubt. Minny crosschecks and slashes whoever enters their crease and Myers is, aside from the occasional forward, the only guy collapsing to battle in front of Markstrom. It's the f****** playoffs, man, gotta get mucky defending your crease.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

12 minutes ago, Brovat said:

No, there's no source for anything other than Ferland leaving the bubble due to concussion [Dreger] and TT in a walking boot [whoever, everybody]

Awesome game for the Canucks! This is the team game that I had been looking forward to for months!

It's so refreshing to see a Canuck team that plays tough and sticks up for each other. Loved Miller jumping Hartman after that cheap hit on Petey, and Stetcher and Sutter going after Fiala. Myers has also been great the past two games, sure he could work on the discipline a little but he's playing tough in the crease, and a lot of the calls have been really soft. 

Other underrated players that had great games were Motte, Sutter, Tanev, Edler, and even Fantenburg was steady. 

It's just incredible to see Hughes seamlessly adapt to playoff hockey as a 1D in his rookie year. Such a special talent, and I really hope he plays the bulk of his career here. The fact that Boeser and Pettersson are able to continue putting up points in the playoffs despite all the tight checking is a great sign for the future! 

And I haven't even mentioned Markstrom's shutout, so solid and steady. He looks huge in the net when he's on. 

Besides Markstrom, I'd say the three stars of the game were Boeser (23), Pettersson (21) and Hughes (20). It's gonna be an awesome decade of Canucks hockey!!

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

Great win!

Marky got his first SO in the series.

Broser might feel sorry to Min as he got the GWG.

EP became more stronger.

Myers looks like the best since as Canucks, I don't mind the penalties he collected, as we have a very good PK.

Quinn - 3 assists in the playoff, a proud record.

BigMac and Jake shown speed, grits and size. They will be in the lineup in coming games.

Roussel, Sutter, Bo, Elder, Tanev, Motte - all played well.

Let's kick Min out the series to-morrow. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Brock Botanen said:

I cant believe this guy didnt even start playing hockey until his late teens. This guy has been an absolute stud ever since we signed him. He should have a permanent spot in the lineup

Benning agrees. He said so himself way back in February I believe.

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I think we'd all be puzzled if there are any changes to the roster for game 4.

Sure, there's always the chance he'll doghouse Virt, BUT THAT WOULD BE INCREDIBLY STUPID

Ride the horse that brought you......

tenor.gif

• Cheers 1