The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 7th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #4

Rate this topic

Roberts

51 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Stars and Canucks would be another pretty cool retro Playoff matchup. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves Canucks fans. The Wild could still come back firing on all cylinders like they did in game one. Especially depending on what referees we get. Let’s focus on ending them tonight. 

Good point. Hopefully not Sutherland tonight?

2 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Just looked at the boxscore and both BB and EP had 2 points but there +/- was 0....in a shutout game ...and I know all the points were not on the PP...so how do you get 2 points and 0 for plus/minus...?

All the points were on the PP for Brock and Elias.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Good point. Hopefully not Sutherland tonight?

Is there a way to see Canucks record when Sutherland is refereeing? Someone smart could do a statistical analysis to see if it's abnormal, can start petition to fire Sutherland with it as evidence.

9 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Playoff games are won by special teams and goaltending.

Canucks need to stay focused and stay out of the box.  Canucks PP can be improved by moving the puck quicker and getting pucks to the net with a body infront of the net. 

I also noticed (rewatching) the drop pass had too wide a gap from the following puck carrier. No feint for the first guy to possibly keep it.The D could read it better with that time delay on a bigger gap. 

Let's not look past these guys!

Playoffs are a whole other animal. 

Line to line, D to D. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I also noticed (rewatching) the drop pass had too wide a gap from the following puck carrier. No feint for the first guy to possibly keep it.The D could read it better with that time delay on a bigger gap. 

Half of the drop passes are not even a drop pass but a back pass to the defender. It’s been horrendous. Was a lot better when Hughes just said &^@# it and decided to start taking it in himself 

1 minute ago, UKNuck96 said:

Half of the drop passes are not even a drop pass but a back pass to the defender. It’s been horrendous. Was a lot better when Hughes just said &^@# it and decided to start taking it in himself 

Yeah it needs to come through with more speed. And option to either side.

2 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Oh man. I made it through the whole day at work yesterday without finding out what happened in the game, watched it on the PVR and I was SO FRICKEN EXCITED!

Great game by everyone. Total team buy-in and domination. Let’s hope the boys can put it away tonight! Hockey 2 nights in a row! Loving it! Go Canucks Go!!!

:towel:

I hear you Roger! 

I put together a dresser draw set with my son during the game (made the wife happy), then I watched the game...fast forward through the commercials and between periods...priceless!

• Cheers 1

My 5 keys to the game 

1) As always - score the first goal

2) Keep blocking shots

As someone already mentioned in the thread:

3) Special teams - make them pay on the powerplay and stay out of the penalty box

4) Goal tending - Marky needs to stay in the zone

And most importantly

5) Weather the 1st 10 minutes - the Wild are going to come out flying 

• Cheers 1