The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 7th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #4

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, Odd. said:

Minny has not generated much 5 on 5 and currently have 0 even-strength goals. We've been excellent even strength and if we can just clean up our mental mishaps and stay disciplined (particularly Myers and Roussel), we should be good. 

Minny were super frustrated today. The crybaby Fiala was throwing tantrums all game long. if we can shut him down like today and keep throwing him off his game, series is going to be wraps. Not too concerned about anyone else, aside from Hartman and his antics.

Careful, you know you can’t criticize players after a win or compliment them after a loss, this is CDC. 

2 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Oh man. I made it through the whole day at work yesterday without finding out what happened in the game, watched it on the PVR and I was SO FRICKEN EXCITED!

Great game by everyone. Total team buy-in and domination. Let’s hope the boys can put it away tonight! Hockey 2 nights in a row! Loving it! Go Canucks Go!!!

:towel:

ha, good job.

I made it through work

came home, turned on NHL.com, saw the headline- canucks shut out... watched game

so close, but I forgot the game was early

• Hydration 1

I fully expect Minny to get dirty if they get down again.  If they don't have a response.

First goal/early jump is SO important.  I hope the boys don't "rest" or get comfortable because they've had some success...all the more reason to keep coming at them because you know they won't just roll over and die.  It's going to be a tough game and they HAVE to be prepared to play the full 60.  

I really feel good about their chances because they've built some confidence and are getting a read on how to play the Wild. 

I just hope the Wild don't deploy dirty tactics out of desperation.  They've been fairly undisciplined and I see them unravelling if it starts to get away from them.  Heads on swivels.

Been a rough series so far...watching other games we're fully IN playoff type hockey here so they're gaining some really good experience for when they move on.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Burr 1
14 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Having my gameday morning coffee with Hank reminiscing on old times

Good vibes :towel:

Lets go!! We all know the twins will be watching :canucks:

4AC2886C-57B4-4750-96D3-EFEC9C29E2B5.jpeg

Love it!

I've got flags (and stuff) everywhere.  Two on my balcony, one on my car, one in the living room...I'm going to keep adding as we progress.

Way to represent!  WOOOO

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1

The Hartman hit on EP is the same kind of hit that broke Mason Raymond's back in the 2011 final's against the Bruins....it should have resulted in a suspension even though EP used his alien regeneration techniques' to heal himself by the time he picked himself off the deck....

Big Mac needs to slow Fartman down some....

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
11 hours ago, Googlie said:

Gonna be a 5 point night for Huggy Bear.  He's on a point progression game by game.  0......1.......3....... ?

maybe a 6 point night, as 0 and 1 are 1 apart; 1 and 3 are 2 apart; so 3 and 6 are 3 apart.  Of course, then the next game would have to be a 10 point game.  Trivia quiz, who had a 10 point game once (6 goals and 4 assists, I think)?

2 minutes ago, wloutet said:

maybe a 6 point night, as 0 and 1 are 1 apart; 1 and 3 are 2 apart; so 3 and 6 are 3 apart.  Of course, then the next game would have to be a 10 point game.  Trivia quiz, who had a 10 point game once (6 goals and 4 assists, I think)?

Sittler 

FD6F231D-B702-48FB-9D56-42BD8F6178B6.jpeg

3 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Darryl Sittler. B)

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Love it!

I've got flags (and stuff) everywhere.  Two on my balcony, one on my car, one in the living room...I'm going to keep adding as we progress.

Way to represent!  WOOOO

I need to buy one of those car window flags if we win today

$20 for an official one at canadian tire.. hmmm

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/nhl-vancouver-canucks-car-flag-0836631p.html 

or $5 for a crappy one at sportchek lol

https://www.sportchek.ca/product/vancouver-canucks-car-flag-330356874.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw97P5BRBQEiwAGflV6WO-ypI_p_sKw_yY2h1PthhUdjmsAsnDWgj5C2tozMqDjQJPr74ZLhoCClYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#330356874=330356875

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

The Hartman hit on EP is the same kind of hit that broke Mason Raymond's back in the 2011 final's against the Bruins....it should have resulted in a suspension even though EP used his alien regeneration techniques' to heal himself by the time he picked himself off the deck....

Big Mac needs to slow Fartman down some....

...except that Raymond was launched ass-first into the boards, not head-first...

• Hydration 1
Just now, cuporbust said:

Cam Atkinson's cousin is my sons hockey coach.  Does it make me a bad Canucks fan to cheer for him?

Does he not play for the Blue Jackets ?   It's fine to cheer for him now - he is in the East !  PLUS they are beating the Leafs!! Go Cam!!! 

• Vintage 3
36 minutes ago, rotiman187 said:

Will be interesting to know if Suter is out. 

Typically I'd agree but he's been such a non-factor in this short series what does it matter? He's usually a difference maker for them on the back end I suspected something was off with him from the beginning. 

At this point I'd favor him playing and continuing to be invisible vs putting in another guy who might add something to their team.

• Like 1