The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 7th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #4

Rate this topic

Roberts

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Does he not play for the Blue Jackets ?   It's fine to cheer for him now - he is in the East !  PLUS they are beating the Leafs!! Go Cam!!! 

Yes he does.  I always said I would never cheer for another team, but my leafs hate , and Atkinson ......i find myself doing it .lol.

50 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I fully expect Minny to get dirty if they get down again.  If they don't have a response.

First goal/early jump is SO important.  I hope the boys don't "rest" or get comfortable because they've had some success...all the more reason to keep coming at them because you know they won't just roll over and die.  It's going to be a tough game and they HAVE to be prepared to play the full 60.  

I really feel good about their chances because they've built some confidence and are getting a read on how to play the Wild. 

I just hope the Wild don't deploy dirty tactics out of desperation.  They've been fairly undisciplined and I see them unravelling if it starts to get away from them.  Heads on swivels.

Been a rough series so far...watching other games we're fully IN playoff type hockey here so they're gaining some really good experience for when they move on.

More than any other game, it's important for Van to play with discipline.  Play aggressively, but when the whistle blows, let Minny blow their cool and take penalties.  Even if the pp doesn't score, the mins that Minny is shorthanded is just as valuable

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, ruilin96 said:

The most dangerous times are the times when we feel most comfortable. Don't let up, keep your foot on the gas pedal and finish those guys for once and for all. Let's go!!!!!!!!!! GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what was in my mind during the post game when they were talking about the kids learning about the playoffs.   Can't get too high. after a win.... still need the full 60.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

Having my gameday morning coffee with Hank reminiscing on old times

Good vibes :towel:

Lets go!! We all know the twins will be watching :canucks:

4AC2886C-57B4-4750-96D3-EFEC9C29E2B5.jpeg

That coffee looks good.  Much better than my crappy keurig!

as for tonight... stay out of the box and they will be ok.

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

if they stay disciplined, they should be able to methodically dismantle the Wild.

The PK has been amazing, thanks Motte and Marky.  Will need to stop testing them so much (I am looking at you Tyler). 

We have owned this series 5v5.

They really took it to us at the start of the last game, think the early start probably had to do with it, we bent but didn't break and Marky was otherworldly.  Would like to avoid that tonight and take charge from the puck drop.

Just now, Darius said:

That coffee looks good.  Much better than my crappy keurig!

as for tonight... stay out of the box and they will be ok.

Breville barista express...with 49th parallel espresso beans.. one of the best purchases I ever made. I used to go to starbucks nearly everyday this has replaced that and then some especially with working from home I barely leave my apartment lol

I agree we can't get bitten in the a$$ short handed.. the refs will be looking for any excuse to implement some series management... 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

He's officiating the Arizona-Nashville game.

O'Rourke and Joannette for tonight's game per scouting the refs.

We probably draw Sutherland for game #1 of the playoffs :towel:NHL will try and set the tone again once we eliminate the Wild tonight. 

ED1C7C07-2E70-40B8-A3D3-FB00E6178E2F.jpeg

This game is going to show where the level of mental strength the team has.

At times we saw over the season in big moments they wilted against the pressure or lost their composure. At times we saw them rise to the occasion and seize it.  I expect a hungry and desperate Minnesota Wild team, I hope the Canucks can keep their own emotions in check because I feel the Wild will throw everything at the Canucks and do everything in their power to cause us frustration.

Need to stay composed, poised, and ready to dig down a little deeper.

• Cheers 4