The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Quinn Hughes  4 games = 1 goal, 5 assists = 6 points.

The Canucks never had a player like him in 50 years.  Imagine Bobby Orr, Brian Leech or Erik Karlsson wearing the Canuck jersey.

That’s one small body Gentleman:bigblush:

Next time Burkie disses Huggy, he should use small words, because he’s going to have to eat them later

7 hours ago, theo5789 said:

How can anyone not love this guy? Except JD Burke that is who I believe still believes that no matter what he does, he will think it's a bad trade.

lol bad trade even if we win the cup and that pick turns out as 31st overall pick?

• Huggy Bear 1

18 minutes ago, khay said:

lol bad trade even if we win the cup and that pick turns out as 31st overall pick?

Yes because that 31st overall pick could turn out to Conner McStamkos :towel:J.T. is a stud and is a proven 1st rounder entering his prime so haters gonna hate, we’ve already crushed the trade the 1st we gave up was recouped when they gave us Miller end of story move on from JD Burke. 

• Cheers 2

We finally played the way we needed to offensively tonight. We weren't making plays up the ice (always zipping it out and dumping it in as opposed to catching guys with speed in the neutral zone) and Marky had his worst game is the season and we still won because we played the right way. 

And not a game too soon. We need to carry this play out because of we play this way defensively and offensively and Markstrom is back to himself we can have a great run. 

Side notes: Juolevi played a quiet great game. Mac and Beagle need more ice time because their forecheck is amazing since they've linked up. Hughes is back to normal which is scary for the opposition. Why does Edler look like he can skate again??? Bo proved me wrong immediately after I said he needs to step up lol.

My poor wife, I woke her up celebrating on our honeymoon. Ah well, &^@# her, I deserve this! Haha jkjk

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

apparently he's on HF boards.

He's apparently not very happy with a particular person on these forums that can sometimes ruin the experience here. I can relate but said person has been good lately. 

Just now, MikeyD said:

He's apparently not very happy with a particular person on these forums that can sometimes ruin the experience here. I can relate but said person has been good lately. 

thats a bummer, hopefully comes back soon.

Edited by TNucks1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Found the clip I was looking for. 

Look at this poise by Juolevi. 

This is his first game in the Chel. I didnt even realize this until now when looking at his career stats. No reg season game played ever and he steps into a playoff game and looks solid in 6 min.  If he improves and gets more ice time through these playoffs, watch out next year! 

Reminds me of Chris Tanev in his rookie season except Chris had like 30 reg season games heading into the playoffs and Juolevi has better puck moving skills in his first game. 

Imagine he turns out to be a more mobile Tanev with better vision and play making. That would be another home run. Better late than never. 

You need confidence and actual skills to fake/look off a defender while throwing a no look tape to tape cross ice pass

Im glad Im also not the only one who noticed this. This was a great play by Juolevi.

Edited by runtzguy
s
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, khay said:

Ask him lol. He tweeted out something a while back to suggest this (likely not thinking this was a remote possibility).

I just wanted to point out one thing might be interesting stats: Hughes had 6 points in 4 games series but in reality, he had 6 points in last 3 games, with first game being a shutout.  So imagine how many points he could have gotten if he had gotten going early in game 1 and did not run into a hot goaltending at the same time?  7 or 8 points in a series, which is probability.  That's amazing to me with this fact if you take out first game out of equation.

6 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I just wanted to point out one thing might be interesting stats: Hughes had 6 points in 4 games series but in reality, he had 6 points in last 3 games, with first game being a shutout.  So imagine how many points he could have gotten if he had gotten going early in game 1 and did not run into a hot goaltending at the same time?  7 or 8 points in a series, which is probability.  That's amazing to me with this fact if you take out first game out of equation.

The other thing is that even though this series’ points are considered playoff points, they aren’t at a 7-game series length. He broke a longstanding Canuck playoff record - in 4 games.... 

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Found the clip I was looking for. 

Look at this poise by Juolevi. 

This is his first game in the Chel. I didnt even realize this until now when looking at his career stats. No reg season game played ever and he steps into a playoff game and looks solid in 6 min.  If he improves and gets more ice time through these playoffs, watch out next year! 

Reminds me of Chris Tanev in his rookie season except Chris had like 30 reg season games heading into the playoffs and Juolevi has better puck moving skills in his first game. 

Imagine he turns out to be a more mobile Tanev with better vision and play making. That would be another home run. Better late than never. 

You need confidence and actual skills to fake/look off a defender while throwing a no look tape to tape cross ice pass

Well said but Juolevi isn't a righty, right?

11 hours ago, Googlie said:

Kudos too to Bettman and the NHL/NHLPA staff.  This whole experiment could have been a disaster but (so far) they have pulled it off in impressive style.  The play-in games have been intense and maybe the only disappointment is how a few of the round-robin teams haven't taken their matches very seriously.  This will likely come back to haunt them first playoff game when they meet a battle tested hungry qualifier....... like us!!!

They have been good.

i actually like the best of 5 series, means there is no let up in intensity and no room for error 

6 hours ago, apollo said:

Goes a long way to kick out the toxic fan base that boo's our own players and cringes making pessimistic noises...

My message to fans is ... just let the players play.

If you got something bad to say and you're constantly being negative, there might be some lingering issues in your own life that you haven't dealt with.

I expect the Canucks to go deep without toxic fans in the stands.

In fact, and forgive me if somebody else already pointed this out, but there are NO fans in the stands, toxic or otherwise.