The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

On 8/8/2020 at 9:28 AM, Brock Botanen said:

Not game related but just came across this on YouTube. That death stare will always be remembered haha

...Peteys reaction is priceless. For everything else there’s mastercard....

Remember flipping fist time it was shown, still cringe worthy...

Probably one of the most stupid, degrading, immature questions ever asked to an NHL player... and then to ask it to a superstar like Petey makes even more amazingly annoying. The reporter should be banned from speaking to Canuck players... what an absolute arse...

On 8/8/2020 at 10:24 AM, Junkyard Dog said:

I think the Myers signing was average, not too good not too bad. We were able to get 5 years which is like the max I am fine with in regards to UFA's that aren't stars. 6+ scares me.

Overall the more so the recent trades seem to be paying off. We got Motte for free for Vanek(a guy we signed), we turned Gudbranson into Pearson which was a nice trade recovery and Miller is paying off dividends.

Miraculously Sutter is playing like a Sutter too.

Yes there hasn’t been much complaining about ‘overpaid vets’ the last week. 
Roussel been in their face, scored an important goal. 
Beagle has been an absolute monster during these games against wild and lead by example. 
Myers, don’t know if he is a steel, but a big, mean, well skating d-man, who can shoot and move the puck at an ok level... i think we’d be lucky to find equivalent player at better deals, although I’m sure there’ll be exaples...

Sutter wow just wow.... wonder if its all his niggling injuries that has healed but he has been a revelation, compared to what was expected. 
Even Eriksson, who people wanted to give 1sts 2nds + High end prospects just to see the back of, has found another gear and has gotten involved. I don’t think its for no reason we’ve 3 and 0 since got back in the team again. (Not a 6 million contract but still). 
I’d say Benning has done brilliant in his signings... almost as if he knows a thing or two about hockey and hockey players. Just saying. ....

and all this on top of the Miller, Motte, Peason Trades and all his picks... and collage signings... 

It’ll be a few more days before the negative posts reappear....

By the way, there’s a few of the usual suspects who sees  to have vanished since Canucks started winning in this series...

I’m sure, we’ll see them back once the fun is over, explaining to us, what Benning and Green has done wrong and Leafs has done right :ph34r:

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MikeyD said:

He's apparently not very happy with a particular person on these forums that can sometimes ruin the experience here. I can relate but said person has been good lately. 

Ooo. Must know more. 

Gimme some of that sweet sweet drama lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NucksIn50 said:

Yes because that 31st overall pick could turn out to Conner McStamkos :towel:J.T. is a stud and is a proven 1st rounder entering his prime so haters gonna hate, we’ve already crushed the trade the 1st we gave up was recouped when they gave us Miller end of story move on from JD Burke. 

Yep....

do you chose the boat... or the mystery box that could have anything, even a boat...

Benning with a huge win. 

• Vintage 2

22 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

It's gotta especially sting for the last 2 picks before Hughes. Hayton and Zadina lol. 

I have no idea what Hayton pick was about but Detroit blew it. They had the privilege of watching /scouting him all year at Michigan and then coach him at the World's first hand lol. 

I didn’t even think about the Michigan factor when Detroit passed on him. *Whiff*

12 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Wondering if more folks are getting it that without TJ Miller, we're not here.. JB killed it with that one! 

That was his best work ever next to Alien/Hughes

Can hardly wait for Hogs n Podz to take over roster spots too.. 

Nowhere to go with this team but up.. 

This reminds me of 94 when we barely made it in and almost went all the way because for some reason we were lucky enough to stay healthy with other teams losing key players, one never knows hey? 

94 was tough losing Nedved and his previous seasons 38 goals and then waiting to get what arbitration was supposed to give us  (Janney)...we played .500 hockey (92 points these days) but weren’t the dominant team we were in 93 until the Nedved spoils, Hedican, Brown and Lafayette showed up and started clicking.     This team feels a lot like those early 90’s teams to me too, or even the first year Luongo arrived and you just knew good things were around the corner.    The age of the core is very similar to the early 90’s teams and the current one for sure.   Ronning and Horvat same age when Linden and Bure were 20-21....and the Courtnall/Adams guys line up well with TT and Miller ...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Found the clip I was looking for. 

Look at this poise by Juolevi. 

This is his first game in the Chel. I didnt even realize this until now when looking at his career stats. No reg season game played ever and he steps into a playoff game and looks solid in 6 min.  If he improves and gets more ice time through these playoffs, watch out next year! 

Reminds me of Chris Tanev in his rookie season except Chris had like 30 reg season games heading into the playoffs and Juolevi has better puck moving skills in his first game. 

Imagine he turns out to be a more mobile Tanev with better vision and play making. That would be another home run. Better late than never. 

You need confidence and actual skills to fake/look off a defender while throwing a no look tape to tape cross ice pass

Tanev 2.0 with offense is what my bro’s has been saying what to expect of OJ once he gets his chance for awhile now .... I lost some hope... but it’s back now.   Expecting him to be Edlers replacement was reasonable considering his draft slot (that boat for me at least sailed awhile ago on the hope scale)  - but Tanev 2.0 with some offense is pretty much equal value on Edler too... wonder how he does on the R side and if the team decides to play him there at some point.  

On Tanev.   He keeps this up and teams will be salivating with the idea he hits the market this fall.   The flip side is it won’t be hard to find a new home without costing us anything picks or prospects wise if Roussel and Pearson keep this up too - so the money will be there. 

OJ was a beaut too ... can’t wait to see more of him.   THN had Vlasic as his NHL ceiling pre-draft - and the highest floor of any defenseman...  that’s a ceiling that if he meets our teams future is completely sorted.   OJ(Vlasic) QHs(Housley).... would be great pairings to work with in the top four. 

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, rekker said:

Bo and JT lead in different ways for sure. Bo is the right choice for captain but JT will bring the emotions needed at times. Emotions are great and needed but it's important a captain and leader stay steady. Not to down, not to up. 

Orr was never a Captain but was considered one of the best leaders all-time and even made SN top Captains leadership book a few years ago as a result....Miller will get the A for sure when Sutter is done, maybe even before he’s done. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I don’t see why anyone would want us to face the Blues 

they had significantly more points than Dallas did when play stopped and they have playoff experience not to mention they are the defending Cup champs 

My guess is just based on the regular season. Where dallas has beaten us soundly and the only loss to the blues is in extra time.

On 8/8/2020 at 4:14 PM, HockeyHarry said:

PlaYOFFS YEaH....CRANK it UP.....Canada style

Man? Andy sorta looks like Tanman!

On 8/8/2020 at 3:56 PM, Slegr said:

I think we’ll think of a few things after I get undressed” 

awkward silence

There has to be a meme in this theme,,,

On 8/8/2020 at 4:15 PM, Green Building said:

x0wZbnm.png   

The face of a man who plays hockey naked

On 8/8/2020 at 3:50 PM, 250Integra said:

Ice Hockey Lol GIF by NHL

On 8/8/2020 at 3:54 PM, Gassy Jack said:

Burrows.thumb.jpg.24db1eb9efe971e55ec1a4aa8bde09bb.jpg

On 8/8/2020 at 3:56 PM, Slegr said:

How to celebrate in the bubble, Tanev , “ I think we’ll think of a few things after I get undressed” 

awkward silence

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Orr was never a Captain but was considered one of the best leaders all-time and even made SN top Captains leadership book a few years ago as a result....Miller will get the A for sure when Sutter is done, maybe even before he’s done. 

Sounds like a plan to me. Would love to see an A on Miller.

• Cheers 1