Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

If (or is it when?) the Canucks beat STL, I imagine the confidence would be huge. It's a very tough test, but I believe in them. They have that certain something during these games. They seem to be building momentum with each win (now 3 in a row). STL never really impressed me in that game against DAL. Their goaltending is great, but the Canucks are a Cinderella team. No one is giving them a chance to win the Cup, but if they can get past STL, they can do anything.   

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On the other side it should be very fun to watch Tkachuk and Perry try and out pest each other.

• Hydration 1

4 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Ok so we know the opponent now we just need to find out when 

Find out in 30 minutes I think (4pm).

• Hydration 1

51 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Calgary steamrolled a team without their top center, top scorer, and number 1 defenseman (Byflugien).

Tkachuk will not be able to pull the same stunts against a big veteran Blues team.

I think Dallas will take care of him too.

flames fans getting a little cocky after beating a depleted jets team. 

2 hours ago, Darius said:

I think Dallas will take care of him too.

flames fans getting a little cocky after beating a depleted jets team. 

Flames fans getting cocky...say it is not true. :sadno:

All the pressure is on STL this is the best possible match up. A loss to the defending champs would be invaluable experience and a win would be an incredible boost of confidence. This series is a win win IMO.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

At least 4 more games. 7 more games in August and I’m happy. ::D

42 minutes ago, spur1 said:

At least 4 more games. 7 more games in August and I’m happy. ::D

16 more wins please.. :towel:

1 game at a time. daydreaming is nice. how ecstatic would everyone be. Im

already happy :) just want to see a continued hard effort like this series turned into.

• Hydration 1

It is so obvious that compared to the Leafs, Canucks' young core has had a lot more help from the veterans. Pearson, Miller, Beagle, Sutter, Myers, Tanev, Edler were there to support the young core especially when they were down 3-1 in game 4. You cannot expect a bunch a kids, under the pressure of a Canadian hockey market, to do it all themselves. They are not fully mature yet.

1 minute ago, Mackcanuck said:

spacer.png

Burrows, do we really need him ?   Haha  damn those are two huge goals from the glory years.

it's been a minute since that fluke bounce off the stanchion... now another shot from the blue line gets us through. awesome. here's to adding another line or two to this list :metal:

• Burr 1

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

Burrows, do we really need him ?   Haha  damn those are two huge goals from the glory years.

it's been a minute since that fluke bounce off the stanchion... now another shot from the blue line gets us through. awesome. here's to adding another line or two to this list :metal:

Ideally we won’t need to add to that list and we can win in regulation 

12 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Marky has a "don't F with me"

look about him... 

Ya his maturity level is real high. He has the ability to steal a series when in the zone. Im not a religious guy but ill pray he gets hot for the upcoming month, with our lineup we could do real damage if he does. -_-

On 8/8/2020 at 4:02 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

I like how OJ is just sitting in the corner with a huge smile, taking the experience all in.

I think another great thing about this experience for OJ is that he is witnessing another rookie defenceman in Hughes absolutely controlling the game. This might spur OJ to look himself in the mirror and ask why not me? He was touted for his hockey iq, poise, vision, skating as one of the best defensive prospects in the world prior to his draft. My thought is that being part of this experience propels him in his development. I truly see his floor as a 4th dman and ceiling as a 1B. He sees that young defencemen can absolutely step in and make an impact. I think it's great that OJ is able to witness what Quinn is doing close up. 

Tanev was 21 when he stepped into the NHL. OJ after everything he's been through is still only 22.

I am still expecting big things from this guy in the future.