The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pool: Blues or Stars?

Rate this topic

ItalianCanuck1

Blues or Stars?   

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Blues...I feel like we own them most of the time in the regular season. For each of the past 2 seasons we have a 2W / 1L record against them...and the last time we met in the playoffs (although irrelevant today) we swept them in 4.

As for the Stars...well...we dropped both games to them this year...

Yeah, this pretty much says it all.

Edited by cuporbust

3 minutes ago, aliboy said:

We match up better against the Blues.

I'm not sure that we do in a 7 game series and they play heavy hockey - I'd rather take my chances with the Stars they have a few injuries and I think that would be a high end back and forth series. Ryan O'Reilly would give Petey fits. Let them grind down Calgary and maybe get a little bruised up before we hopefully meet them.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Both would be a challenge, and I don't necessarily like to hope for a certain opponent in the playoffs.

While the Canucks matched up well with the Blues, regular season games don't make a huge difference. Dallas is the weaker team on paper, and hasn't impressed since play resumed.

I would imagine the Canucks would have a better chance against the Stars vs the defending champions.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MikeBossy said:

I'm not sure that we do in a 7 game series and they play heavy hockey - I'd rather take my chances with the Stars they have a few injuries and I think that would be a high end back and forth series. Ryan O'Reilly would give Petey fits. Let them grind down Calgary and maybe get a little bruised up before we hopefully meet them.

I agree, I think the Blues are a tough match up.  Dallas has a lot of talent, and they've given Van a rough ride, but they play a more wide open game and don't have nearly the kind of heavy shutdown game the Blues do.

24 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

I voted DALLAS

I'm not sure I want to go against 

ROR

Tarasenko

Perron

Braden Schenn

Pieterangelo

Bouwmiester

Parayko

ETC.

No Bouwmeester.

I'd rather face Bishop than Bennington as well

Petey"s in binningtons head. Still mad he lost out on the calder @ 26 years old.

So, its a comparison?

Ror, terasenko, schenn, parayko, Pietrangelo, Faulk,Perron, bozak, steen, Schwartz...

Petey, Boeser, Horvat, Myers, Hughes, Edler, Miller, Pearson, Toffoli, Virtanen... etc

I am very confident of the outcome if the canucks play the blues, canucks in 6!

Edited by GhostsOf1994

I’d rather play the Stars.

Blues will be motivated to play us since they know that we’ve gotten the better of them in our regular season battles.   

We’ve also just come out of a physically demanding series, and so playing another physically demanding series could lead to some of our “brittle” guys getting banged up (I.e. Edler, Tanev, Sutter, the usual suspects).

Talent wise, Dallas isn’t really that far ahead of us, and if they lose to St.Louis on Sunday and are at 0-3 for the round-robin, they could be facing a confidence crisis.   The Blues on the other hand, are less likely to suffer from a confidence crisis since they can draw on their comeback season (and subsequent cup victory) from last season for motivation.   Dallas has been underperforming in the playoffs for a few years now (or at least whenever they’ve qualified), and so they could be feeling a lot of pressure as well.

I vote Dallas, and I think they’d be realistically beatable.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2