The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCQF: (3) Dallas Stars vs. (6) Calgary Flames | Stars win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/14/2020 at 02:30 AM

7 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

So is there anyone that still wishes that we faced Dallas instead of St Louis?

I think Petey and co would have lit up whodini or whatever his name is in the Dallas net... St Louis looks way tougher to me 

1 hour ago, Robert Long said:

I can't think of a better or more deserving ending than Tkapuke having to sit and watch this. 

I haven't been able to pay much attention to the other series... does anyone know why he was sitting?  I read he was out for 4 games, but the article didn't say why.

Calgary Puck must be going nuts.  Yummmm!

10 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I haven't been able to pay much attention to the other series... does anyone know why he was sitting?  I read he was out for 4 games, but the article didn't say why.

Calgary Puck must be going nuts.  Yummmm!

Probable concussion.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

So is there anyone that still wishes that we faced Dallas instead of St Louis?

My money would be on St Louis beating Dallas head to head.  As for recent records vs certain teams, I think there's probably too much weight given to that - and in this particular playoffs, it was a rare set of circumstances where most teams came in relatively healthy, and all of them more than rested, whereas weighting random regular season matchups, under a lot of variable circumstances, not sure how reliable that is.

Who we face - doesn't matter imo - you have to deal with whatever matchup you get - but you'd never catch me wishing to face St Louis.

Same goes if there's a next round - Vegas, Colorado or Dallas - they're all tough matchups imo.

Edited by oldnews

55 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Don't you need a brain to have a concussion?

Well said.

I was going to point out the quality of the doctors.  Making that diagnosis on him musta taken some serious skill.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I would have wanted Calgary to win. I cannot stand Dallas at all I know it's been years but I can't accept a leadership core of Seguin and Benn being one round closer in winning the cup. 

I can understand this but let's not pretend Tkachuk, Giordano, Monahan, Lucic, Gaudreau etc are any improvement

Edited by Bitter Melon
  • Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, drdeath said:

Since the Flames won their cup in 1989 they are now 2-13 in the first round of the playoffs :lol:

.. but as you probably know both of those wins were against the Canucks :(

4 series wins since '89... 3 in 2004 and 1 against us in 2015

6 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

That was a pleasure to read.. some juicy goss encripted in there to. I think Johnny Hockey is out of there though. He is entering his last year and the flames need a shakeup; I think they keep Monahan. I could see him being shipped to the Islanders.

johnnys going to New Jersey. And then flames are signing hall as a UFA

The biggest most shocking blowout playoff game I remember was Wings vs. Avs in 2002. For a period of 6 or 7 years it was the greatest rivalry in hockey, bad blood, superstar players on both sides, very back and forth. 2002 WCF pretty much everyone knew the winner would go on to win the Cup against Carolina. The Avs were the defending champs, the Wings were historically stacked. I was really hyped for a legendary game 7, but the Wings completely blew Patrick Roy and the Avs out of the rink, completely trouncing them 7-1. For such a fierce rivalry, this was the end of it and it ended with barely a whimper.

• Cheers 1