Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

WCQF: (3) Dallas Stars vs. (6) Calgary Flames | Stars win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Amazing with all the roids that Lucic still skates that slow.

Amazing you still parrot this roid theory with zero evidence. 

70899565-57B8-44D5-8575-332174D628AF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Let’s fkn go!” says Penny Oleksiak’s brother!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheering for Jimmy Nill ... played on our 82 Cinderella team! 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring out Hrudey... I wanna see his loaf o bread head explode! 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So nice to see flames get gutted but yuck on liking anything perry does lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'd rather the Flames win this series, but it's hard not to acknowledge how good that  looked on Tkachuk.

That sleazeball skate slash he threw on Sheifele was pure filth - and of course, he got away with it - feigned innocence.  No doubt in my mind, but regardless, players are responsible for their sticks - but not their skates?  Absurd that Tkachuk was still in the playoffs while Scheifele was not.

 

Pathetic floaty effort by Gaudreau on the gwg as well, imo.  One of Calgary's achilles heels = Monahan and Gaudreau are weak defensive forwards.

You could see it a mile away that Calgary was going to squander that comeback.

 

Calgary might want to reconsider the 'strategy' of hunting Dallas' young talent all over the ice - and turning the series into a war of attrition.   Dallas can play that game - put a bullseye on Tkachuk in kind, and you can bet that Gaudreau is next (has a predictable habit of throwing a slash every time he's relieved of the puck)  And on that note - beyond Gaudreau - Mangiapane, Dube, Ryan - not exactly heavy forwards (that's 1/3 of their forward group in the 165-185 range).

 

Edited by oldnews
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Darius said:

Bring out Hrudey... I wanna see his loaf o bread head explode! 

He used to be downright embarrassing.  Now he's 'elevated' to the point there isn't even a word for it.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'd rather the Flames win this series, but it's hard not to acknowledge how good that  looked on Tkachuk.

That sleazeball skate slash he threw on Sheifele was pure filth - and of course, he got away with it - feigned innocence.  No doubt in my mind, but regardless, players are responsible for their sticks - but not their skates?  Absurd that Tkachuk was still in the playoffs while Scheifele was not.

 

Pathetic floaty effort by Gaudreau on the gwg as well, imo.  One of Calgary's achilles heels = Monahan and Gaudreau are weak defensive forwards.

You could see it a mile away that Calgary was going to squander that comeback.

 

Calgary might want to reconsider the 'strategy' of hunting Dallas' young talent all over the ice - and turning the series into a war of attrition.   Dallas can play that game - put a bullseye on Tkachuk in kind, and you can bet that Gaudreau is next (has a predictable habit of throwing a slash every time he's relieved of the puck)  And on that note - beyond Gaudreau - Mangiapane, Dube, Ryan - not exactly heavy forwards (that's 1/3 of their forward group in the 165-185 range).

 

If the flames lose this series I have a feeling one of JG or Monahan isn’t back with the flames next season.  
 

Agree with your assessment though.  Aside from the top line wilting... Gio looks nowhere near the Norris calibre dman he was in the past. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Darius said:

If the flames lose this series I have a feeling one of JG or Monahan isn’t back with the flames next season.  
 

Agree with your assessment though.  Aside from the top line wilting... Gio looks nowhere near the Norris calibre dman he was in the past. 

I would be on board with dealing one of those two players though - I see that line as too "west coast express" - in the sense that I don't believe that pairing a couple of one-way forwards together on a line is a winng formula in the end.

 

I would not bet against Giordano - he's the kind of player that you will rarely, if ever, see having back to back sub par games.

 

At the same time, I don't envy him.  His partner is 185lbs and does not exactly play bigger than his size - and as already mentioned, the Flames have another handful of light forwards in their lineup.  Giordano is a beast, but he's only 200 lbs himself - so my personal take is that Calgary may want to tone down the chest thumping that a pair like Lucic and Tkachuk stir up - because beyond them there are 1 or 2 other guys in that lineup cut out for that kind of hockey - however, I'm not sure Tkachuk is wired for a whiff of wisdom, and I'm not sure Lucic has much utility otherwise.  If I'm Dallas I do exactly what they did - I hunt Tkachuk incessantly.   And I do that until he's firmly 'in his place' - for a couple of reasons - the first being strategic, that if you neutralize Tkachuk's 'swagger', you take a measure of arrogance out of that team as a whole, and second, because his behaviour calls for it constantly and gives you  no choice -  if you're going to tolerate that, you give Calgary an edge that I don't believe they can sustain against a heavy opponent.   Lucic just doesn't inspire enough intimidation to dictate otherwise.  And Calgary's gameplan of chasing Heiskanen and Klingberg - I'm not sure that ends that well if/when Dallas is better suited for attrition.  For me, Calgary is built more towards a 'skill' balance, and they're somewhat playing againstt the grain  of their strength/build - perhaps harkening back to an 'identity' that doesn't really fit them anymore imo.

  • Hydration 2
  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KILLER said:

So nice to see flames get gutted but yuck on liking anything perry does lol

Gotta agree with that, (with the other exception being his 2010 goal against the Yanks) but that was a sweet pass, especially for a guy who's known more for scoring himself.

 

Also, I never wish concussion on anyone, but Tkachuk reaped what he's sown there. Karma sometimes bites you in the posterior....

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I went to bed at second intermission

What did I miss?

Calgary tied the game up in the last couple of mins and then gave up a goal right after it, lol.

 

Also, Tkachuk left the game and didn't return.

Edited by peaches5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I went to bed at second intermission

What did I miss?

Flames fought hard to tie it. But once they did, they all sat back, waiting for OT. Looked almost scared & disorganized, Perry found a wide open passing lane and that was it.

 

fire-extinguishing-balls.gif

Edited by D-Money
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.