Canucks Community

WCQF: (4) St. Louis Blues vs. (5) Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

464 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/14/2020 at 10:30 PM

Will be a difficult series but St.Louis aren’t at the top of their games right now and don’t really look all that motivated.  

If there ever was a time to pull off the upset, now would be the time.

Canucks in 7.

ps - I think Calgary will take out Dallas in 5 maybe 6.

Edited by DarkIndianRises

1 minute ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Last time we played the blues in the post season we swept them 4 straight lol.

I'll give the Bluesers one win this time around.

Canucks in 5.

JT Miller best player in series 

Their fans seem to hate us too.

I think we already have a bit of a built in rivalry. Could be fun.

Man oh man - i really preferred Dallas. But whatever we get the defending Cup champions  so what the hell. My head says Blues in 6 but my heart says Canucks in 6 - and of course you always follow your heart so voted Canucks in 6. Totally agree with the comment on here that no matter what this will be a learning experience. GO CANUCKS GO!!

• Vintage 1

if you want to win the cup, you must go through defending champs

excellent tough test.  most of the roster is heathy, except toffoli.  Hope Benn will be back soon.  OJ is fine, but you never know when injuries will happen or someone struggles vs certain teams.

Blues are tough, big and experienced.  Need all the guys competing and willing to grind out a win.  They wont give nux much room.  Expect them to rough up EP and BB.  Special teams will be important.  Cant get in penalty trouble like vs Wild.  

Nux had better record vs Blues in reg season 2-0-1.  0-2 vs Stars. 

Nux in 6

Edited by Jaimito
  • Thanks 1

Remember 2003 like it was yesterday. Demolished in game 1, close game 2 win, looked bad in both games 3 and 4, then won game 5 & 6 close, and ran them out of the rink in game 7. These two have had some classic battles. Let’s make it 4-0 against the Blues in the playoffs!

• Cheers 1

Feeling good about it, but I think it will go the distance. Canucks are on a mission of "us against them". Tarasenko didn't look too well on the bench at one point, coughing. Binnington is probably in his hotel room sweating it out, furiously throwing his tennis ball against the wall. Maybe he'll have Pettersson nightmares this evening :)

19 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Uhh so close.

Even worse Calgary is going to get a free ride to round 2.

Hopefully Perry and Tkachuk tussle in this series and both break their hand fighting. I don't think this is going to be Winnipeg all over - if Seguin gets back in and Bishop as well this isn't going to be an easy series for either team.