The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 12th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G1

Rate this topic

Roberts

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Never did like the lyrics as a "go to war in the playoffs song" but the intro gives me goosebumps every time I hear it in connection with our team.

I personally really dislike U2 and that song never did nothing for me that whole time. I don't get why people want it back.  Just like the US anthem during those years I'd mute my TV. 

My choice is still: 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 4

19 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I personally really dislike U2 and that song never did nothing for me that whole time. I don't get why people want it back.  Just like the US anthem during those years I'd mute my TV. 

My choice is still: 

I don't necessarily "want it back" but more feel good when I hear the intro as it instantly connects me to my team. Then the lyrics start and it all goes out the window because they just don't fit.

I will always push my idea of having someone local  (Matthew Good) and the beginning of Giant on a loop.

K-I-C-K-A-S-S 

That's the way we spell success

Up to the first two verses only because after that, the lyrics just don't work (either).

I grew up a huge Zeppelin fan but am so tired of The Immigrant Song.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

My choice is still: 

The live version from How The West Was Won is better than the studio version. Can’t imagine using the song would be cheap though. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Getting the beers and the coffee in, and then going to sleep to get up at 3am to watch this game although cannot pump up the volume due to child & neighbours etc.

although currently trying to find some old videos on YouTube I remember one from about 10 or so years ago that used rise against behind closed doors as the music to it 

Edited by UKNuck96
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I feel so grateful to have this game we love so much back.

AND TO HAVE OUR BOYS IN THE PLAYOFFS!

August day, sunshine and hockey.  Covid can't suck all the joy out of life because it's in these moments that we find it.  Stop and smell the roses what the Canucks are cookin'!

Enjoy everybody...cheers!

Great post, thank you, even though it is cloudy here in Coquitlam:mellow:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I am picking up 2 growlers of Coast Mtn Brewing's finest First Aid Kit sour and then BBQ'd wings and greek salad.  Maybe some chips...

God damn, I'm liking those sours also - Dinosour from Phillips! Used to hate fruity beers! What the hell is wrong with me! Lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

The physicality of STL is going to be what I key on.  And not so much hits, but how tough that team is to knock off the puck, clogging up areas etc.  

That's where good stick work can come into play.

• Cheers 1