The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 12th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G1

Rate this topic

Roberts

27 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

It wasn't a floater. It was actually going wide of the net at first but went up on it's side leaning toward the net. It curved in and went  by him. Things happen in hockey and it's how you respond that makes the difference sometimes. The body language of the team after that said it all. It's hard to play confidently when your team-mates don't back you. It was a bad goal but the response to it was just as bad for our teams unity and will to win.

Go Canucks Go!!!!

Clouts? Is that you?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

I hope our boys give me something to smile and be happy about today. I just lost a friend of over 35 years a couple of days ago. Haven't really been able to enjoy the Leafs losing on Sunday and the draft lottery not going to EDM, Tor or Pitt. 

Oh, man,.. I have two very closed friends for over 45 years and I just can't imagine what are you going through...

Hopefully Canucks win today. 

Take care

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

I hope the Canucks win. My beautiful and kind German Shepherd just died couple days ago and we use some happiness back in our lives

Oh I'm so so sorry to hear this sad news....my heart's with you.

I lost my little guy a month ago and am still so broken over it. Was actually just searching for a pic I posted of him in his Canucks towel back in 2011...can't find it.  Missing him sososososooo much and I totally get it.  Be strong my friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

I hope the Canucks win. My beautiful and kind German Shepherd just died couple days ago and we use some happiness back in our lives

13 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

I hope our boys give me something to smile and be happy about today. I just lost a friend of over 35 years a couple of days ago. Haven't really been able to enjoy the Leafs losing on Sunday and the draft lottery not going to EDM, Tor or Pitt. 

Sorry for both of your losses. My sincere condolences. Hopefully some Canucks Playoff Hockey will help fill the void, if only temporarily. Go Canucks Go!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Oh, man,.. I have two very closed friends for over 45 years and I just can't imagine what are you going through...

Hopefully Canucks win today. 

Take care

And hockey was the reason I connected with him and his entire family. Numerous road trips with them throughout BC during the late 80's and early 90's.

Edited by SergioMomesso

39 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

It wasn't a floater. It was actually going wide of the net at first but went up on it's side leaning toward the net. It curved in and went  by him. Things happen in hockey and it's how you respond that makes the difference sometimes. The body language of the team after that said it all. It's hard to play confidently when your team-mates don't back you. It was a bad goal but the response to it was just as bad for our teams unity and will to win.

Go Canucks Go!!!!

I think Canucks played hard even after that bad goal, but they were up against one of the best teams in history with Dominator in goal, and then Dan gave up another weak goal ..Anyway, water under the bridge.

This version of Canuks has a different mentality. I think we all as funs lucky to see this team developing into something really special. GCG!

The level of excitement is ramped up for this one. Playing a mediocre Minny was more about making sure Vancouver could do what they were supposed to. This on the other hand is going head to head with a big dog capable of winning a cup. I can't wait to see the boys pushed and seeing how they respond. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

22 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I remember back in the day when I was suggesting MG and then was FLOORED when they used Weapon in an opening montage.  Still one of my favourites....goosebumps.  LET'S GO!

Wow Deb that vid pissed me off in a GOOD way... thanks for sharing that and hope our boys use that hunger within to put them over the top game in game out. Cheers CDC n Let’s Go!!!! 

:towel:

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Clouts? Is that you?

No. I just think that Cloutier is an easy scapegoat and is blamed for the failures of the team. He didn't rise to the occasion, but neither did the team. If you watch a replay of the goal, you can see all of his team-mates skating by with heads hung low and no one came over to give him support like team-mates should. It was no longer a team united.

We have a totally different mindset now.

Go Canucks Go!!!!

37 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Oh I'm so so sorry to hear this sad news....my heart's with you.

I lost my little guy a month ago and am still so broken over it. Was actually just searching for a pic I posted of him in his Canucks towel back in 2011...can't find it.  Missing him sososososooo much and I totally get it.  Be strong my friend.

Sorry for your loss, Deb, my sincere condolences. I don't care what scientists have to say about that subject- I simply know from my 40+years od experience that dogs understand us completely and they are not just pets, but true friends.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

Not really. It could be a reference to a specific event. Like a drunken outpouring or something like that

Go Canucks Go!!!!

Maybe he takes a shot before each period and that's how he's able to throw himself in front of 100 MPH shots.

The Blues are going to be a tough one to defeat tonight and beyond, but it would be a serious statement of thigs to come if we take game 1 after the poor start they already have endured here.

Take game one and we will win the series.

Go Canucks Go!