The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 12th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G1

Rate this topic

Roberts

3 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Stop turning to the refs to make the call. They don't call everything in the playoffs! How many times do we do this song and dance.

In the playoffs the refs out their whistles away, we need to handle our business.

They're slashing Marky and we're not doing anything, we get in their goalies face and they rough our guys up. Gotta pay it back.

The problem is if it was the other way around I bet Roussel is getting called there. Not saying this as a 'poor canucks' thing, I just think the Blues are seriously allowed extra leeway.

If that's the case, it needs to go both ways, can't allow one team to take liberties & not afford the other side the same standard.

So far this has been heavy & dirty hockey. Fun to watch, just make sure its fair. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Shirotashi said:

Ok so were not hitting anymore? SL is just allowed to hack and chop and check and we do nothing?

Time for Myers to take some penalties, I KNEW the whining and bytching about the penalties would

cause our team toughness to crawl inside its shell of safety. FFS we need to stop letting teams

dictate the physical play. 

They're getting away with nutshots and slashes even after an icing. The refs are allowing them to dictate the physical play.

Just now, Outsiders said:

Problem is when we do that we get called for it. The call on Roussel was a reputation call. If Roussel did that to Brouwer thats 2 mins for sure. The refs haven't been consistent. I have no clue whats a penalty and isn't.

They can't always call it one way, at some point they even up the penalties because both teams are taking liberties just like the Wild series.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

The problem is if it was the other way around I bet Roussel is getting called there. Not saying this as a 'poor canucks' thing, I just think the Blues are seriously allowed extra leeway.

If that's the case, it needs to go both ways, can't allow one team to take liberties & afford the other side the same standard.

So far this has been heavy & dirty hockey. Fun to watch, just make sure its fair. 

Myers won’t take long to get back in his groove - did notice him bashing away trying to keep the net positing a little.   I don’t want us to back off on that at all.   Decent period overall...tied ready to go 

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If that's the case, it needs to go both ways, can't allow one team to take liberties & not afford the other side the same standard.

They even up at the end, they're not always going to call it one-sided.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Vanuckles said:

They can't always call it one way, at some point they even up the penalties because both teams are taking liberties just like the Wild series.

Yeah well they end up calling "make up calls" and plays that aren't a penalty. Hartman drills Pettersson from behind, then they call Petey on the same PP for bumping Foligno.