The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 12th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G1

Rate this topic

Roberts

10 minutes ago, rychicken said:

OH NO - Vintage is glitching....anyone have any recalibrating fluid??  (just teasing VC....you are AMAZING!!)

He's just overthinking it.

They're talking about Toffoli on 650 now...won't be anytime soon as far as they can gather.  Nothing to suggest it, as he isn't skating.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I watched  TSN preview on Canucks and Blues series and they gave the Canucks props for figuring out playoff hockey after 1 game. They said they were impress with how well the Canucks adjusted after the game 1 loss and proceed to went on and win 3 straight. Most notably they said "it took Elias Pettersson, Quinn Hughes, Brock Boeser these young guys 1 game to figure out the playoffs. Not a series, not a year, not 2 years, not 3 years but just 1 game." I think the 2/3 years was just them throwing shades at the Leafs :lol:

I think the play-ins are a massive blessing for our team. It helped us get rid of the playoff jitters before the real playoffs. Also the fact that there's no pressure on us is a great thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Weren't we up 2-0 in game 3 before ol Clouts lets in a Lidstrom floater from over the center ice line.

We had what some consider the best hockey team of all time down and out until that moment.

Just goes to show you how closely contested the playoffs are. It really shows how laughable it is when people are calling the Stars a pushover, or a guaranteed out.

It wasn't a floater. It was actually going wide of the net at first but went up on it's side leaning toward the net. It curved in and went  by him. Things happen in hockey and it's how you respond that makes the difference sometimes. The body language of the team after that said it all. It's hard to play confidently when your team-mates don't back you. It was a bad goal but the response to it was just as bad for our teams unity and will to win.

Go Canucks Go!!!!

Edited by RWMc1

34 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I watched  TSN preview on Canucks and Blues series and they gave the Canucks props for figuring out playoff hockey after 1 game. They said they were impress with how well the Canucks adjusted after the game 1 loss and proceed to went on and win 3 straight. Most notably they said "it took Elias Pettersson, Quinn Hughes, Brock Boeser these young guys 1 game to figure out the playoffs. Not a series, not a year, not 2 years, not 3 years but just 1 game." I think the 2/3 years was just them throwing shades at the Leafs :lol:

Is that online?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Right?  This is what it takes to gel a team before you hit the ice.  Absolute unbridled passion for the game.

Quinn's having some fun too....

image.png

It seems like Huggy is the baby bro of the group.  The super talented youngest brother that the older ones look after and make sure he doesn't become shi!theads like them.  Huggy Bear = Pony Boy

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

I hope the Canucks win. My beautiful and kind German Shepherd just died couple days ago and we use some happiness back in our lives

My condolences. My gf's landlord just lost her german shepherd and it was terrible.

We're hoping to adopt a couple pups when we move out.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Thanks 1