The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 12, 2020 | Canucks lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

He was rated as one of the top players on the Canucks to most likely win the puck on a board battle, so it's really no surprise. And he can do it without throwing hits.

I was trolling a little bit there, there's been so many comments about a lack of hitting by Loui I thought I'd chuck that in there. I love what I'm seeing from that line. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Whale Tail said:

Legit question... will there be any follow up on Petey’s head shot or Rousells ball shot? 

nah, the ref's let Rous get away with a lot tonight after that so thats probably the end of it. 

The other thing I'd say, I thought both the Blues goals were preventable. Whereas our were nice aside from Binnington leaking on the Stretcher goal. 

Perron goal: Tanev was screening Marky needlessly, had he not been there thats an easy save.

Schwartz goal: Tough break with Tanev getting caught but had he not fallen down Schwartz would've been under pressure.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

I can't see how they do that. I am not a big Binnington fan but going to Allen in Game 2 would be a big statement by the Blues.

Canucks scored several times on his blocker side. Good scouting and good execution. Binnington’s coach is going to have to go into overdrive to correct that issue.

Hope it gets into his head and stays there for a long time.