The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 12, 2020 | Canucks lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Wow....what a win to start the play offs with....

Bo.... Captain my captain... what a goal and what a game...

Markys dialled in..

Blues are a heavy team.... Hits hard... Perrron is a dirty piece of $&!#...

League's gotta watch Perron, no? How can he get away with so much? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

This is going to be a heavy series.

Blues wont roll over.

Biggest areas of improvement I can point out are hitting, and puck pressure below the circles.

Jake flew by two hits tonight. I almost cried.

This series is built for his game. I'm expecting big things starting Friday at 3:30. 

Edited by luckylager
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 things.........................

First off....................it looks like we are becoming an actual team.......with determination, grit and skill....I hope our depth holds out!

Secondly..................I agree Jake is not playing like Jake of earlier this year, but he did not play a bad game...he just played uninspired and that will cost him more with his team mates..................that is what I feel bad about.......my bet is he is moved this summer......unless all of a sudden a bolt of lightening hits him in the arse......its a long series, lets wait and see.......

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Jake was the only disappointment tonight. Does he not understand the opportunity that is basically gifted to him due to injuries? No way he’s in the lineup if TT73 or Ferkland are healthy. So underwhelming tonight. Probably the most lacklustre effort in his career thus far. 

I didn't get to watch the game, so I'm genuinely asking here - how was Jake a disappointment tonight? 

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Blues wont roll over.

Biggest areas of improvement I can point out are hitting, and puck pressure below the circles.

This series is built for his game. I'm expecting big things starting Friday at 3:30. 

His game hasn't been that type of game for years. I'm not holding my breath

Just now, guntrix said:

Glad to see Markstrom back to his usual self. I was worried for a bit there during the Minny series. 

Want to see more from Jake. He totally coasted out there. 

I'm thinking more and more that they should try and see what might be out there on the trade market. Jakes value should be the highest its been in years, find a comparable aged player (maybe a young D) that fits better. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Blues wont roll over.

Exactly what I just said about Jake in the Current Roster section.  So disappointing.  The playoffs are made for a player with his assets, but except for his fight in the last game (which I think Hartman initiated), he has basically become the Invisible Man.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12