The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 12, 2020 | Canucks lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

I have read mixed reviews of Jake and based on the stats, he wasn't that good but anyone can give me a fair review on him? But based on the games I watched during the qualifying round, he was fine, not his regular season self but fine. How was he today?

Did nothing as always, to think playing the Blues seems like Jake's type of game. If Toffoli or Gauds are ever gonna come back to the lineup, Jake would be the first one in the press box, not McEwen. Zack had a so so game today but he's done more so far compared to Jake

2 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Did nothing as always, to think playing the Blues seems like Jake's type of game. If Toffoli or Gauds are ever gonna come back to the lineup, Jake would be the first one in the press box, not McEwen. Zack had a so so game today but he's done more so far compared to Jake

And if Zack ever gets to play a regular shift, he will make his mark.  He won't let Green keep him as a low-minute player for long.

Great Win!

Beautiful starting of the payoff series!

Proud of our young cores!

Bo got his first multi-goal in a payoff game.

Congrat to Troy to get the GWG.

Markstrom proofs he is better than Binnington.

Keep this hard playing attitude

Go Canucks Go

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Your point ?

My point is that Juolevi hasn't even had a full season to develop yet.  He's still in the process of developing into a pro player.  Jake is well past that point.  Green tried with him while he was still in the AHL, and he's still trying to turn him a true pro in the NHL, but Jake's run out of excuses.  Juo's not at that point yet.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12

3 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

My point is that Juolevi hasn't even had a full season to develop yet.  He's still in the process of developing into a pro player.  Jake is well past that point.  Green tried with him while he was still in the AHL, and he's still trying to turn him a true pro in the NHL, but Jake's run out of excuses.  Juo's not at that point yet.

The injuries is a misnomer then. 

the point I was making is that Juo has already taken a long time on the farm in comparison to similar d men taken in the same draft. Once he hits the team full time I think the same corp of people who rag on JV will turn on Juo.

I do think JV will become a good player, the question is will it be for us? 

6 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

It’s honestly really great to see the Sutter we originally traded for show up in big games when everything matters. Kind of reminds me of Chris Higgins in the 2011 playoffs. He didn’t score a ton, but he got big game winning goals in key moments that were only scored due to his impressive individual efforts. A workhorse, not a show horse.

Fully agree - he is a key reason we are doing well. Sets a platform for others to work from 

I actually just noticed this but on that 2nd goal we gave up Hughes actually tried using his stick to push Tanev ahead and actually ended up making Tanev stumble.

That goal was mostly on Hughes since, if you watch the play, Tanev looked like he was gonna be able to check Schwartz until Hughes made him stumble. It was a misplay on Hughes's part.

Huggy played a good game regardless but I gotta put blame where it's due.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

League's gotta watch Perron, no? How can he get away with so much? 

Shades of Rat boy....

Don’t expect anything from the league. Maybe if he injures a player. 
He is their Roussel, and if he can get into yhe players head, like his gotten into mine, it’ll be hard to win the series. 
Both Petey and Hughes are and will be targeted. This is the defining moment of how they and the team will cope.
So far so good... 

• Upvote 1

What a game!!! I just finished

Some things that I noticed were;

1 Our 3rd and 4th lines were rolling. I think they were much better than what the Blues have.

2. Perron was trying to play the bully until the 3rd. After roughing up Petey, Edler steamrolled him as he was coming off the bench and Perron was trying to leave the zone. It went to commercial after but you could see Perron getting by the bench. Need more of that. 

• Upvote 2