The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 12, 2020 | Canucks lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, IBatch said:

Watching that game live (on TV) I was actually scared for Anderson and a few other of those guys...  Odjick was one crazy dude.   What scares me about the Blues is Berube was no different - a better fighter too,  and just as willing to take a suspension as anyone in the league during his career if that would help the team.   IF we go up 2-0 ... McEwen better be ready as we will surely need him.   3-0 and I’d consider limiting both EPs and QHs ice time. 

I can't see the Blues going down 2-0. 

By Friday    night, the series should be tied at 1-1. 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

unfortunately, I don't think JB will be able to get a lot for Virtanen. Hope I'm wrong with that assessment, though. 

It won’t be easy that’s for sure.   Second rounder isn’t worth it but that’s probably the best we’d get.   I don’t think we need to worry about it - can’t see arbitration going up to 3... what I see is a one year bridge at 2.5....nothing wrong with that it’s fair for both sides.   Rather keep him.  He’s worth that much and it gives him one more year to try and get a legacy deal.  It’s up to JV more then anyone.  JV at 2.5 is way better then TT at 5.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

What a beautiful dog! Thank you for sharing. This is ours. Her dad is a pure bred Bernese Mountain Dog & her mom is a golden retriever. My son wanted to put my Patterson jersey on her tonight after he scored - lol.

20200802_160621.thumb.jpg.ee0827f8c9bce81c151b30912d3acc1d.jpg

Thats the cutest golden retriever ive ever seen!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Rather than going for Peron you get rouss to agitate then a bit to draw the penalties, the. You drop Myers in with Hughes a few times to lay down the law and tell them to back off.

Have you ever seen a video of a Giraffe kicking a lion?  Yep they can definitely lay down the law and even kill lions with a single blow (part of the reason lions tend to leave them alone)... Myers on Perron looks like this:cat fight GIF

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It won’t be easy that’s for sure.   Second rounder isn’t worth it but that’s probably the best we’d get.   I don’t think we need to worry about it - can’t see arbitration going up to 3... what I see is a one year bridge at 2.5....nothing wrong with that it’s fair for both sides.   Rather keep him.  He’s worth that much and it gives him one more year to try and get a legacy deal.  It’s up to JV more then anyone.  JV at 2.5 is way better then TT at 5.

Yeah. I'd want to keep Virtanen as well and give him one more chance to doing the right things. 

For 2.5m, I'd keep Jake. I wish he'd wake up and show up at these playoffs though. He hasn't really done anything on the ice worth noting. Almost forgot that he was on the team last night. Hasn't shown up in any noticeable way - no scoring, no hitting - nothing. It's like he's not even on the roster. 

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Rather than going for Peron you get rouss to agitate then a bit to draw the penalties, the. You drop Myers in with Hughes a few times to lay down the law and tell them to back off.

Yea. If the team is focused on Perron, then Perron's done his job and they've gotten into the heads of the Canucks a little. 

Make the Blues pay on the scoresheet. 

Punish them there.

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. I'd want to keep Virtanen as well and give him one more chance to doing the right things. 

For 2.5m, I'd keep Jake. I wish he'd wake up and show up at these playoffs though. He hasn't really done anything on the ice worth noting. Almost forgot that he was on the team last night. Hasn't shown up in any noticeable way - no scoring, no hitting - nothing. It's like he's not even on the roster. 

One more chance?  

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Not easy to be noticeable with those minutes yet McEwen was as were others so get the frustration.  He did make an impact his first game - skating hard to break up a clean break-away and fought that goof Hartman plus cheered the bench on in game four “LETS GO!!”  so it’s not like he hasn’t done anything (and had a great shot his first or second shift his first game too).... I know a lot have been saying “ just wait for the playoffs and then JV will shine “ so from that viewpoint maybes he’s been a little underwhelming so far.   However he hasn’t been a liability at all - helps his line with possession and its pretty hard to be noticeable with under 10 minutes of ice time.    I’m not going to complain about it or bring TG into it because we’ve won every single game since he’s been added to the lineup.   It is what it is.   And definitely think that the longer this goes on and once attrition comes in he could get his real chance to shine as in the top six....until then like Roussel, Sutter, Beagle, McEwen, Motte etc JV is playing his role fine.   Let’s hope IF he ends up in the top six he won’t disappoint... and that next game he gets on the scoreboard because when he does our winning percentage is deadly. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

I think Jake has gradually improved and is right around what you would pay for Ferland who, not necessarily is fault has been worthless.  Mainly due to injuries.

The only difference between Ferly and Jake would be Ferly gets in hard every shift on opponents. Now in saying that look where it’s gotten him health wise... I hope he does indeed recover and for Jake he’s not hurting the team, if anything he still keeps opponents honest with his speed which opens up ice for his mates. One game at a time. :towel:

• Vintage 2