Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 12, 2020 | Canucks lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Your point?

Pure puck moving:

Quinn

Ehroff

Reinhart

Lumme

Brown

• Like 1

Just now, coho8888 said:

Pure puck moving:

Quinn

Ehroff

Reinhart

Lumme

Brown

Disagree.

Hughes,

Lumme.......

• Hydration 2

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Disagree.

Hughes,

Lumme.......

Dennis Kearns

Scotty Walker

Quinn Hughes

Thanks everyone for the reviews on Jake. When I watched him this season, although I do want Jake to do well, there are times I do see him floating but there are some times I see him doing so well. I really wonder what it is.

I guess I'll wake up at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow to watch the game myself.

10 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I believe Canucks are home team next game...last change!

No, canucks are home team for games 3, 4 and 6 if necessary

1 minute ago, coho8888 said:

Pure puck moving:

Quinn

Ehroff

Reinhart

Lumme

Brown

not to nit pick, this is an interesting discussion. disagree about Erhoff vs Reinhart.  Reinhart was a stud.  Id rank him after QH.  He only played for the Canucks shortly but it was a total revelation watching that guy on the back end.    When the Canucks got him it changed the whole dynamic of the team.   In 1989 we had a rookie Trevor Linden plus Reihnart and a vet supporting cast of mostly plumbers take the heavily favoured flames to 7 games (where the cheating @#$%$# kicked the puck in the net and went on to win the cup) ....  Reinhart was something else.  Erhoff got to play with prime Sedins + Kesler which inflated his numbers a bit.  Not to say he wasnt important and he did add a needed dimension that was sorely missed after he left.... but I dont think Erhoff was Reinhart calibre before or after he played for the Canucks whereas Paul was magic throughout a lot of years.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

Thanks everyone for the reviews on Jake. When I watched him this season, although I do want Jake to do well, there are times I do see him floating but there are some times I see him doing so well. I really wonder what it is.

I guess I'll wake up at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow to watch the game myself.

He played the same way when he played for the Hitmen...inconsistent has always been in his game.

idk if he is going to change...it's mental and it comes down to desire and setting priorities in order to desire it...right now, he doesn't have the kind of desire that is needed to be consistently good.

If he had the desire of Marchand or Martin StLouis...he would be a superstar.

Edited by Pete M
add
  • Hydration 1

6 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Dennis Kearns

Scotty Walker

Quinn Hughes

I don't know what that is supposed to mean....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

No, canucks are home team for games 3, 4 and 6 if necessary

nice!

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

my Pops and i will watch game 2 together. I drink beer, he drinks beer, i luv Canuck hockey, He luvs Canucks hockey. I post on CDC, he says whats CDC is that Crazy Dumb Critters. “ im soo sorry son, you got your mom’s brain and my looks”

Go Canucks Go

Your Dad is a scream. Cheers. 

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Darius said:

not to nit pick, this is an interesting discussion. disagree about Erhoff vs Reinhart.  Reinhart was a stud.  Id rank him after QH.  He only played for the Canucks shortly but it was a total revelation watching that guy on the back end.    When the Canucks got him it changed the whole dynamic of the team.   In 1989 we had a rookie Trevor Linden plus Reihnart and a vet supporting cast of mostly plumbers take the heavily favoured flames to 7 games (where the cheating @#$%$# kicked the puck in the net and went on to win the cup) ....  Reinhart was something else.  Erhoff got to play with prime Sedins + Kesler which inflated his numbers a bit.  Not to say he wasnt important and he did add a needed dimension that was sorely missed after he left.... but I dont think Erhoff was Reinhart calibre before or after he played for the Canucks whereas Paul was magic throughout a lot of years.

I think in terms of mobility, Ehrhoff was slightly better but no argument that Reinhart was the better defenseman.

Edited by coho8888

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Capture.PNG

Christopher Tanev, tied second in the league in playoff points for defensmen. What a guy.

Loved seeing tweets from the other Canucks copying the one about Troy with their acknowledgements via emoji.  Really tight group of guys, love that.  So glad that Benning wants character AND skill.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Strong agree:  Vegas is the one team we match up badly against.  I don't know why we can handle St. Louis but not them, but that's how it is. 

Unless they sustain injuries or get badly beat up, playoffs up it a notch and we're "starting" to believe in ourselves as a team, you can see it in them but there's another level we need to get to because it's there... No mistaking it, this whole team sold out to win and ramped up like no tomorrow, I mean everyone? might surprise.. however there's LE... Fack! I wish that man would go back to being the 30 goal scorer he was with the B's and we only saw one game of it the last game with the Sedins, wonder if this will wake him up? We need everyone finding and holding the pedal down or when we play the elite teams, we're not even in the game.. and one spot weakened according to space is enough damage to us already.. Louie FFS! Play like it or quit! 

Grrrrrr...   

15 minutes ago, skategal said:

Loved seeing tweets from the other Canucks copying the one about Troy with their acknowledgements via emoji.  Really tight group of guys, love that.  So glad that Benning wants character AND skill.  

My exact thoughts after watching the video and reading about it afterwards. Love or hate Benning, you can't deny he always had a vision of the types of players he wanted to bring in. That being said, Linden was this type of player/person.  Was it him that wanted this originally? 

31 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

Christopher Tanev, tied second in the league in playoff points for defensmen. What a guy.

It's the winning smile!

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

He played the same way when he played for the Hitmen...inconsistent has always been in his game.

idk if he is going to change...it's mental and it comes down to desire and setting priorities in order to desire it...right now, he doesn't have the kind of desire that is needed to be consistently good.

If he had the desire of Marchand or Martin StLouis...he would be a superstar.

Actually..if he had the desire like a MacEwen, he would definitely be a superstar. His talent along with crazy work ethic. I really do wonder why he is like that. I actually saw glimpses of it when it was in Utica..the desire I mean. The few games I saw, he was skating quite hard (the fans who watch utica more regularly can chime in).

But the funny thing is, I was reading one of his scouting reports on eliteprospects.com and it says as follows: 

A formidable adversary for any challenger, Jake Virtanen is an imposing power forward in the truest sense. Possesses a non-stopping motor and creates an abundance of on-ice energy when throwing his weight around and establishing his physical presence. Exhibits world-class skating ability, and can blow by defenders just as easily as he can go through them. Stands up for his teammates and never backs down from a challenge. Displays a wicked, NHL-level release that challenges goaltenders of all skill levels. Becoming a recognizable asset when playing a more defensive role as well. All-in-all, a physical power forward that has the character traits, work ethic, and individual skills to pose a threat to whoever stands in his way. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015) 

The bolded part is the part I am confused considering his performances since he was drafted.