Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 12, 2020 | Canucks lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

On 8/14/2020 at 9:28 AM, N4ZZY said:

They're not changing the lineup tonight, unfortunately. 

 

Not until they lose. It could be tonight, but I hope not. 

 

Weird. Since Ericksson has been in the line up, the Canucks haven't lost, with the exception of Game 1 against Minny - and I'm not sure if he wasn't in the line up then. 

 

But I think Gaudette works better with Virtanen than Sutter unfortunately. Jake's going to have to adapt. Hoping for a huge game from him tonight. 

Well not a huge one for Jake obviously except for that opening hit, but a good game for sure as St Louis was surging! LE, I love how he's been playing, I don't think they should change a thing, and I haven't read about Myers yet so I won't presume anything here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Well not a huge one for Jake obviously except for that opening hit, but a good game for sure as St Louis was surging! LE, I love how he's been playing, I don't think they should change a thing, and I haven't read about Myers yet so I won't presume anything here.

Is Myers a go for tomorrow? Or is he out for the series? 

 

Yeah, maybe the expectation for Jake is just too high at this point you know - in terms of his consistency and commitment, and work ethic. Maybe the fanbase just gotta accept him as he is - if he doesn't turn out more than a 30-40 point player, then so be it. I think it's getting to the point where he is what he is. What you see is what you get from the guy. 

 

But hey, if he can produce 30-40/45 points per year, and be decent defensively, that won't necessarily come at an expensive price point. Maybe 3.5-4 million per year over a few years? Could be moveable down the road if need be as well, as I wouldn't classify someone like that as a core player. Supplemental? Yes. But not a core piece. 

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 12:31 AM, N4ZZY said:

Is Myers a go for tomorrow? Or is he out for the series? 

 

Yeah, maybe the expectation for Jake is just too high at this point you know - in terms of his consistency and commitment, and work ethic. Maybe the fanbase just gotta accept him as he is - if he doesn't turn out more than a 30-40 point player, then so be it. I think it's getting to the point where he is what he is. What you see is what you get from the guy. 

 

But hey, if he can produce 30-40/45 points per year, and be decent defensively, that won't necessarily come at an expensive price point. Maybe 3.5-4 million per year over a few years? Could be moveable down the road if need be as well, as I wouldn't classify someone like that as a core player. Supplemental? Yes. But not a core piece. 

 

Im still hoping for core piece. =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Im still hoping for core piece. =)

Yea, I'm hoping too, but I'm not sure he'll get there. 

 

He's 24 today isn't he? I say, another year or two, and if he doesn't show signs of maturity and consistency at that time, then maybe it'll be time to move on. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Yea, I'm hoping too, but I'm not sure he'll get there. 

 

He's 24 today isn't he? I say, another year or two, and if he doesn't show signs of maturity and consistency at that time, then maybe it'll be time to move on. 

 

As long as he gets a fair shake with longer reins I agree with you. I think he should be allowed to play his game, within a structured game plan albeit, but along those lines. Coach bad mouthing him to the media is especially unwarranted. If he sucks, he sucks, but let his play decide, not some effing metric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

As long as he gets a fair shake with longer reins I agree with you. I think he should be allowed to play his game, within a structured game plan albeit, but along those lines. Coach bad mouthing him to the media is especially unwarranted. If he sucks, he sucks, but let his play decide, not some effing metric.

Yeah, I'd like to let Jake loose. Let him play his game, and for him not to worry and always looking over his shoulders. 

 

I'm not sure how much they'll get for Jake if they're thinking of trading him. I'd rather just keep him. 

 

  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.