The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 14th, 2020 | 3:30pm PT, SNP | R1G2

Rate this topic

Roberts

3 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Bo Horvat career regular season stats, 0.6 points per game

Bo Horvat career playoff stats, 0.9 points per game. 

Love our captain. 

The ex called last night and said "I have one word to say about the game...can you guess it?".   
"Bo"

"Exactly"  (his favourite player)

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Bo Horvat career regular season stats, 0.6 points per game

Bo Horvat career playoff stats, 0.9 points per game. 

Love our captain. 

Shades of Linden.

Before his 25th birthday Trevor had played in 62 playoff games and had 64 points

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

While my heart would love a 2-0 series lead, I am expecting to be tied after this afternoon.  That way I will be disappointed. But not devastated.  Hoping for a win is akin to hoping to sunbathe  with a storm approaching the Island

Can we do it?  Of course.   We did it already, but I think the Blues underestimated us.  That won't happen again.

Keys will be:

Goaltending - Marky has to stand on his head again

Power plays - have to capitalize on our chances

Penalty kill - 2 for 4 last game wasn't stellar.   Have to be better

Push-back - there are going to be scrums in the crease every whistle. Don't take any crap, but don't cross the line needlessly. If taking a penalty, make sure someone goes with you

And if anyone takes liberties with Petey and/or Huggy, make them pay

Speed, speed, speed.  We're a fast breakout team, so utilize it

Eddie, Myers, Stech and Fanta.... Jake, Zack, Motte and Rooster - hit anything in a dark sweater that moves (refs are fair game too).  Stech and Motte are the grapeshot, Eddie and Jake are the howitzers

Go Canucks Go

• Like 3

Just now, Squamfan said:

Jake Virtanen needs to show up and not float around, other wise he is gone next season. Where the playoff of Jake were waiting for.

Yes, let’s concentrate on Jake right now. He’s the key to the teams chances in the playoffs. :picard:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

While my heart would love a 2-0 series lead, I am expecting to be tied after this afternoon.  That way I will be disappointed. But not devastated.  Hoping for a win is akin to hoping to sunbathe  with a storm approaching the Island

Can we do it?  Of course.   We did it already, but I think the Blues underestimated us.  That won't happen again.

Keys will be:

Goaltending - Marky has to stand on his head again

Power plays - have to capitalize on our chances

Penalty kill - 2 for 4 last game wasn't stellar.   Have to be better

Push-back - there are going to be scrums in the crease every whistle. Don't take any crap, but don't cross the line needlessly. If taking a penalty, make sure someone goes with you

And if anyone takes liberties with Petey and/or Huggy, make them pay

Speed, speed, speed.  We're a fast breakout team, so utilize it

Eddie, Myers, Stech and Fanta.... Jake, Zack, Motte and Rooster - hit anything in a dark sweater that moves (refs are fair game too).  Stech and Motte are the grapeshot, Eddie and Jake are the howitzers

Go Canucks Go

I would love to see Perron sandwiched between Eddie and Jake. His assult on QH last game remained me those hooligans from my high school in former USSR in 70s.

He must pay for his actions.

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yes, let’s concentrate on Jake right now. He’s the key to the teams chances in the playoffs. :picard:

he could be game changer. Notice how Perron and the Blues where hitting Petey and Hughes. He could do the same to their star but he isn't. People said wait for the playoffs, Jake is going to so his value but show far he hasn't.

Edited by Squamfan
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

I would love to see Perron sandwiched between Eddie and Jake. His assult on QH last game remained me those hooligans from my high school in former USSR in 70s.

He must pay for his actions.

I'd love to see him nailed too... but hope to hell the boys don't take their eyes off the ball and start looking for that little rat bag... if they do, he has achieved what he is supposed to, and Blues will have the advantage... 

In saying that, I will be dancing a wee jig in the living room, if Peron crawls back to the bench after being stapled to the boards.

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, DanielG27 said:

Belgium. Had last week off which was great as I was able to watch the whole Minny series but now back at work. Will be harder to watch the games now :(.

Looking forward to tonight though!

Might miss this because i have to get up early for some duties tomorrow, never miss the 4:30AM (Sweden) games on weekdays though, first 2 period at home while eating breakfast and The last one at work 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Oh yeah, you can bet Berube will instruct his team to target Hughes and Petey. No doubt, I actually worry for them in this game. Perron is a puke who will cross the line. Canucks need that first goal and to continue to frustrate the Blues into taking bad penalties. The Canucks PP shall prevail. GCG!

Goes to show, they are scared of our young talent and their capabilities.

I think our young guns will be more than prepared today.

• Cheers 1