The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 14th, 2020 | 3:30pm PT, SNP | R1G2

Rate this topic

Roberts

2 minutes ago, Dekey Pete said:

Let's get some consistent officiating.  Either let it all go or none.  St Louis needs to sit for some their after/before the whistle BS to even out the calls.  

We have that tonight. One for each team ::D

• Haha 1

Just a reminder:

Spoiler

The Canucks have a much loved and revered statue which celebrates EPICALLY TERRIBLE reffing in '82.

File:Roger neilson statue.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Love it or hate it, I guarantee you that every single member of the NHL refs union is part of the latter.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Exactly!  Our fanbase IS too whiny.  Yeah it was a bad call but move on.  It's incredible how much our fans complain about the refs.  

I'd like you to remove Vancouver from your user name and just cheer for Les Habitants. 

Leave this board while you are at it. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Green's gotta calm the boys down and get em back into that 1st period mindset. 

Yeah settling down our game will go along way. They have only scored in this game on a PP. They are struggling 5 on 5 from our forechecking. We have to keep it up

• Cheers 1

This is the Blues love language, they love this dirty sort of crap between the whistles.

Green's message should be "boys dont get sucked into it, yes its frustrating, but keep your composure, and get the W"  

The Blues had nothing until that MacEwen fight, which sparked them. NGL I love Mac, but that fight wasn't called for and with only 2 mins left in the period, should've just walked away.