The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 14th, 2020 | 3:30pm PT, SNP | R1G2

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, philtbc829 said:

OH just saw the Miller replay....frack....they need to get rid of that rule of the skate being on the ice....

You can thank Matt Duchene for this rule. It was his egregious offside goal back when he was with Colorado that brought the offside challenge rule to the league.

13 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

Honestly I hope we don’t. Our fan base comes across as whiny as it is. Time to change that reputation with our spanky new team. Regardless of whether that penalty was just or not. 

Here's the thing:  image isn't everything.

Reputation?  What about that of the league?  They have to start caring about their horrible yet earned reputation.  Funny that it's not just "this" team screaming about it.  But we should change?  So we "look good"?  No.

How about change the game to something fair and even?  You don't tell those doing it right to change...you focus on what's wrong.

I don't give a rat's.....behind....what others think of me.  Whiny?   Have you watched Binnington at all?  

We're not whiny...we're pissed.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, bree2 said:

its incredible you call yourself a Canuck fan.  talk about complaining and whining about us Canuck fans!

Hey, I don't mind the complaining about a blatant call, but people are complaining about the Jake penalty and all the other little hooks and things that get called both ways.  

It's time to let go of that mentality. 

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This is the Blues love language, they love this dirty sort of crap between the whistles.

Green's message should be "boys dont get sucked into it, yes its frustrating, but keep your composure, and get the W"  

The Blues had nothing until that MacEwen fight, which sparked them. NGL I love Mac, but that fight wasn't called for and with only 2 mins left in the period, should've just walked away.

I don't think it was the Mac fight. After that the Canucks had good shifts.

It was getting yet another PP off that garbage call & scoring.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

I'd like you to remove Vancouver from your user name and just cheer for Les Habitants. 

Leave this board while you are at it. 

Thanks Jay, cheers to you too

4 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

of course nothing about the bs penalty that gifted the Blows a goal. 

panel don't want to lose their jobs, so they don't mention the bul#$$%# refs calling bad calls. they should be allowed to say what they want!

• Cheers 1

Just now, xereau said:

Just a reminder:

Hide contents

The Canucks have a much loved and revered statue which celebrates EPICALLY TERRIBLE reffing in '82.

File:Roger neilson statue.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Love it or hate it, I guarantee you that every single member of the NHL refs union is part of the latter.

It's one thing to blatantly miss a boarding call but I have never seen a player get a double minor and the purp only getting 2. At the very least 2 each but should have been Blais getting the double minor.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Dekey Pete said:

I hope that penalty against beagle doesn't change the way they play.  I'd rather him sit in the box after defending a teammate than skate away and do nothing.  A team that has each others back has the heart to come back after a goal like that.

I hope you're right because the Blues will take the cheap shot AND the power play all day long, every day of the week.