The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 16th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

33 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Disagree, when you get in the zone and have confidence in your play and your team mates the nerves stop.

watching a game you are not playing in or have been subbed off (in rugby) is nerve wracking as hell as there is nothing you can do at that point 

Pretty sure I know what it feels like to play right up to Junior B hockey bud, adrenaline gives that “butterfly” feeling. Most people confuse it with “nerves”

pure nervousness is a def sign of a lack of confidence so I can see how a sub may feel that 

Marky plays until he loses. The Blues will be coming hard to the front of the net with two and even three players. Meyers was big enough to deal with some of this type of play but Stecher and Hughes are often overwhelmed. Meyers reach bailed him out of tough spots at times. The Blues weren't turning the puck as much in #2. If the Blues go 2 deep on the forecheck the Canucks could blow thru the neutral zone easier. Maybe more Canuck 2 on 1 breaks. With the home ice Green can pick his lines easier. 

IMHO the game will be won or lost based on how well the Vancouver d-core can hold up. Petey gets a goal and assist in #2 but his shot block in the 3rd likely won the game for Vancouver. The film will tell the Blues to clog up the net infront of Marky. It will be a tough game. An early Vancouver goal will be huge. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Pretty sure I know what it feels like to play right up to Junior B hockey bud, adrenaline gives that “butterfly” feeling. Most people confuse it with “nerves”

pure nervousness is a def sign of a lack of confidence so I can see how a sub may feel that 

I wasn’t stating your feeling was wrong, more so that if you don’t feel nerves time to give up I disagree with.

having played regional level rugby in the Uk including advancing to Colt National Finals when I was younger as a starting scrum half, I have Played in a lot of high stakes games. 

For me I don’t get nerves or butterflies before or during games. If I was subbed off, or injured and watching from the sidelines i do because I’m no longer in control of my own destiny. 

52 minutes ago, Wash said:

5 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

We have a scouting report on these refs. You know NHL refereeing is bad when we need to scout and prepare against the refs.

Francois looks like a villain from a James Bond movie. :lol:

• Haha 3

Is it just me or are people having trouble getting into series besides our own?  The last 3 years I didn’t miss a single playoff game, but this year I have only watched a handful or two of games besides our own.  Might be the lack of fans cause they can really amp me up for one team or another, or maybe I’m just too emotionally invested in this series already with the Canucks here IDK.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

We have a scouting report on these refs. You know NHL refereeing is bad when we need to scout and prepare against the refs.

I hope that these guys call a fair game. That’s all I want. Our last one was so biased and infuriating. Blatant missed calls where Blues players ought to have gotten penalties and one of which caused Edler to cough up the puck where we got scored on. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Is it wrong that, as a Mom, when my daughter said she's coming over today to drop off her bunny (I'm bunsitting for a couple weeks) I said "DO NOT COME BETWEEN 7:30-10:30"?

Bad Mom.

I'm gonna say you failed raising her if you had to remind her to not come during the game.  :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Is it just me or are people having trouble getting into series besides our own?  The last 3 years I didn’t miss a single playoff game, but this year I have only watched a handful or two of games besides our own.  Might be the lack of fans cause they can really amp me up for one team or another, or maybe I’m just too emotionally invested in this series already with the Canucks here IDK.

Me too.  Although initially I was stoked and taking it all in...it's gorgeous August weather and it's been a LOOOONNNNNG time since I've not worked during the summer.  So I'm doing a lot of washing stuff outside with the hose which is mostly Deb's water park.

I have the games on all day...but do fly by's lately.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1