The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 16th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

16 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

I am thinking this will be a rough game - I am ever so hopeful this group can weather the storm

GCG

I think you are right, specially with the Blues down 2-0 and knowing it is the Canucks who will be getting the penalties for retaliating or trying the same thing

I wouldn't be surprised to see another player go down because of this :(

This is eerily similar to 2011 finals when we won the 1st 2 games

Let's win this one and go up 3-0

• Cheers 3

Someone (forget who, and too lazy to look) postulated that if we play Marky tonight, and lose, we have a tired Marky tomorrow, with a crucial game (3-1 or 2-2).  If we play Demko tonite (who has a great record vs Blues - 2 wins and an O/T loss) we have the best of both worlds.  Maybe win, or even lose, and a fresh Marky for game 4

Edited by Googlie
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Googlie said:

Someone (forget who, and to lazy to look) postulated that if we play Marky tonight, and lose, we have a tired Marky tomorrow, with a crucial game (3-1 or 2-2).  If we play Demko tonite (who has a great record.vs Blues - 2 wins and an O/T loss) we have the best of both worlds.  Maybe win, or even lose, and a fresh Marky for game 4

I like that thinking actually... Especially if the blues play Allen.  But I doubt Green will go that route.

I tried to find Marky's stats on back to back games, but no luck so far

Did a manual search.  There were 2 back to back games in November.  Marky started game 1, and Demko the next night in both.  No others in the shortened season.

Edited by Googlie

11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's one thing for the monitor/tv to be knocked over on you by your cat. But to get El-kabonged by your own guitar. :(

I love how deeply concerned the cat gets while its owner is in anguish.

Go Nucks!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ForzaTikare said:

Last change should help alot, ROR line Might be The hardest line to play against in The League 

I wouldn’t be supprised as well if they try and get change ups to get the ROR line out against Bo, so might get a double whammy of space for Petey 

20 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Someone (forget who, and too lazy to look) postulated that if we play Marky tonight, and lose, we have a tired Marky tomorrow, with a crucial game (3-1 or 2-2).  If we play Demko tonite (who has a great record vs Blues - 2 wins and an O/T loss) we have the best of both worlds.  Maybe win, or even lose, and a fresh Marky for game 4

I responded to that - in my view at 2-0 up play the best team, try not the let them back in. Don’t rest with a plan of it being a 7 games series as that is what it will end up as. 

play marky tonight. And then assess the following day but with the view of playing marky on both nights. Remember no travel 

Edited by UKNuck96
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, UKNuck96 said:

I responded to that - in my view at 2-0 up play the best team, try not the let them back in. Don’t rest with a plan of it being a 7 games series as that is what it will end up as. 

play marky tonight. And then asses the following day but with the view of pogo nag marky on both nights. Remember no travel 

Marky's brother, Pogo Nag?

26 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

As much as I'd LOVE another sweep of the Blues...they're going to be even tougher.  And by tougher I mean dirtier.  Heads on swivels, guys have to have each other's backs.

But mostly, just skate around them like they're medians in the road and leave them in dust.

I think Brock's about ready to bust out and have a great game.  Not sure about his skates...was having issues last game so I hope he gets that sorted out.  

With Coach Green having last change/getting matchups, we’re gonna see the Lotto line spend more time in the O zone and Bo’s line will get the head to head with O’Reilly line. Looking forward to the boys putting their foot down on the throats of Blues and take strangle hold on series. One shift/period/game at a time mentality, worry about who starts in goal etc. after we win game 3. Let’s Goooooo!:towel:

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

play marky tonight. And then asses the following day but with the view of pogo nag marky on both nights. Remember no travel 

Yeah - prolly Greens thinking too.