The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 16th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

We are going to struggle to disrupt their cycle without myers size on every other shift. He's like an e brake if your struggling with ur sticks his size can break up the cycle. 

Hope we get better calls after all the messed up calls including the hit from behinds on both Sutter and myers 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

I'm not liking our odds with myers out. Edler and Tanev are going to get broken down if green overplays them. 

Jordie Benn played hard and physical at the start of training camp in sept. He brought nastiness and a hard edge then. Let's hope he can sub in or green needs let the new 6 D get some actual minutes 

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

It's the playoffs, back to back doesn't mean anything.  You pick a goalie and stick with him as long as he's delivering.

Thanks exactly my point. Go with the hot hand. If it doesn’t work, change.... this is not a time to get clever. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's the playoffs, back to back doesn't mean anything.  You pick a goalie and stick with him as long as he's delivering.

I hope you're right.  Demko is a better puck handler, plays at times like a 7th d-man.  Gives the team a different look.  But I hear you.

(Just hope that Marky doesn't have lingering concussion issues after head-tapping Bo for the O/T winner)

Edited by Googlie

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Thanks exactly my point. Go with the hot hand. If it doesn’t work, change.... this is not a time to get clever. 

Exactly - you can look at a strategic 7 game plan, but you run the risk then of missing the tactical right in front of you. 

At 2-0 up play the hot goalie 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

If Juolevi is in he has a fantastic shot from the point too

He's a left D.  If not Benn, then Rafferty, who ran the Utica power play after OJ went down. But Green isn't that bold and imaginative

Edited by Googlie

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

If Juolevi is in he has a fantastic shot from the point too

True but I think they will put benn in. Honestly though might be worth while running 7 D and 11 F. Sit Virtanen or MacEwan or one of those guys only playing 5 mins a game

If we win today, I think we should roll with Demko tomorrow. Other teams have gone with the 2 goalie format during back to backs. It gives Demko a look at some playoff hockey and more importantly would get rid of some nerves or jitters while doing so. But I can't see coach Green not playing Marky...