The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 16th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That must be awkward going past the Blues and Stars players to get to the ice:

Bet Binnington looked pretty intimidated walking behind Bo :lol:

9 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

If Juolevi is in he has a fantastic shot from the point too

It’s pretty darn good.  I’d save him if Benn isn’t cutting it though against these guys.  Last thing we need is OJ out with another injury.   OJs game isn’t much different then LEs, contact isn’t his game.  Benns is. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I hope you're right.  Demko is a better puck handler, plays at times like a 7th d-man.  Gives the team a different look.  But I hear you.

(Just hope that Marky doesn't have lingering concussion issues after head-tapping Bo for the O/T winner)

I'm not sure I recall a time when a team just decided to give a hot goalie a rest in the playoffs.  This is it, you ride that horse into the ground.  This is the only hockey they'll play for a long time, most likely...... he'll get plenty of time to rest when their season is over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

He's a left D.  If not Benn, then Rafferty, who ran the Utica power play after OJ went down. But Green isn't that bold and imaginative

Except Rafferty if offensive minded which is great, but we have lost Myers who eats up defensive ice time. Time that is needed to ensure that we get Hughes out on favourable terms. You stick rafferty in without a Hughes there and you have to give a lot more defensive duties to Hughes, which means more hits on him, and less offensive matchup. You essentially downgrade Hughes to put rafferty in when it’s Myers who is out 

Edited by UKNuck96

41 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

According to Rick Dhaliwal, he may be out for 2-3 games.

good on the refs and the NHL for not protecting the players, should have been a penalty and the ref that watched should not be able to ref another play off game.

Edited by bree2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UKNuck96 said:

Except Rafferty if offensive minded which is great, but we have lost Myers who eats up defensive ice time. Time that is needed to ensure that we get Hughes out on favourable terms. You stick taffeta in without a Hughes there and you have to give a lot more defensive duties to Hughes, which means more hits on him, and less offensive matchup. You essentially downgrade Hughes to put rafferty in when it’s Myers who is out 

That's why I am sure it will be Benn.  Chatfield would be another defensive option, but Green will go with experience

• Cheers 1

Everyone's nervous for tonight for good reason.  Win and we're up 3

Me, I'm more nervous for after, should we win tonight.

Game 4 against the Blues would be absolutely no holds barred.  Then to  survive and possibly run up against Vegas.

Man....that's a scary scenario to face the two biggest teams in the first two rounds

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

good on the refs and the NHL for protecting the players, should have been a penalty and the ref that watched should not be able to ref another play off game.

So if the refs had called a penalty, Myers wouldn't have missed a game? The non sequitur is confusing me a little 

16 minutes ago, IBatch said:

The more TG wins the more media attention he’s getting and the availability of his past coaching and mind is starting to frame a picture about this guy.   Wouldn’t say he’s conservative at all- he’s a cerebral coach - a lot more of a tactician then what the average fan can get out of say what lineup he goes with. Recording by hand zone entires before it was even a thing that was counted ... and looking at every single possible angle from game to game to evaluate players from angles that weren’t in play even five years ago.   So I’d be careful what you say - it’s fine he’s a “conservative” coach.   But he’s also a heck of a lot more then that - and absolutely had these guys working together above their expectations.  With last change advantage Canucks - I’m expecting our top line to gain some traction tonight - and even more so game four.    I’d also go with Markstrom tonight - in a way that’s the liberal move because it means he think we can go up 3-0 and win.   The conservative choice would be playing Demko IMO. 

Great points, lots to think about, thank you

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Everyone's nervous for tonight for good reason.  Win and we're up 3

Me, I'm more nervous for after, should we win tonight.

Game 4 against the Blues would be absolutely no holds barred.  Then to  survive and possibly run up against Vegas.

Man....that's a scary scenario to face the two biggest teams in the first two rounds

Only if Dallas beats Calgary.  If Calgary wins that series, they play Vegas and we get the winner of Colorado/Yotes

Edited by Googlie