The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 16th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 hour ago, rekker said:

I think so. He's had months to rest, no travel. If he plays like crap tonight then go Demko tomorrow night.

I suspect Green has Marky scheduled in for both games. I'd like to see Demko in tonight, if Demko is to play one of the two back to backs,  and Marky tomorrow but I get not wanting to change from whats working. I like our chances with Allen vs Demko on a normal night but he has a good game vs. Dallas too. Its a tough decision. 

• Cheers 1

I wonder if tonight’s game will be delayed a bit. Vegas has a chance to advance in the game prior - I have a feeling it could go to OT or just take awhile to finish, with some on ice celebrations.

Lots of Canucks hockey to be played in the next two days. By tomorrow night this series could be all tied up, or finished, or somewhere in between.

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

I wonder if tonight’s game will be delayed a bit. Vegas has a chance to advance in the game prior - I have a feeling it could go to OT or just take awhile to finish, with some on ice celebrations.

Lots of Canucks hockey to be played in the next two days. By tomorrow night this series could be all tied up, or finished, or somewhere in between.

Let’s hope for the latter 2

18 minutes ago, Googlie said:

So if the refs had called a penalty, Myers wouldn't have missed a game? The non sequitur is confusing me a little 

Yes if thry called the initial boarding on the Sutter play (score is still 2-0 or even 3-0 if they score on the PP) blues players would think twice about running Myers from behind. 

Its human nature. You get away with something, you're inclined to do it again. 

But what had happened was instead of getting called for the penalty, they actually got the PP, scored a goal in the dying minutes of the second and made it a 2-1 game going into the 3rd. It was positive reinforcement for their illegal hit. 

Theres a whole psychology behind this type of behavior. Something about a puppy and Pavel Bure. 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, IBatch said:

The more TG wins the more media attention he’s getting and the availability of his past coaching and mind is starting to frame a picture about this guy.   Wouldn’t say he’s conservative at all- he’s a cerebral coach - a lot more of a tactician then what the average fan can get out of say what lineup he goes with. Recording by hand zone entires before it was even a thing that was counted ... and looking at every single possible angle from game to game to evaluate players from angles that weren’t in play even five years ago.   So I’d be careful what you say - it’s fine he’s a “conservative” coach.   But he’s also a heck of a lot more then that - and absolutely had these guys working together above their expectations.  With last change advantage Canucks - I’m expecting our top line to gain some traction tonight - and even more so game four.    I’d also go with Markstrom tonight - in a way that’s the liberal move because it means he think we can go up 3-0 and win.   The conservative choice would be playing Demko IMO. 

I can't really think of anything Green has done so far in the playoffs that anyone would have a problem with. I guess some wanted Myers reeled in, but thats only a few people who didn't understand the importance of pushing back.

32 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It’s pretty darn good.  I’d save him if Benn isn’t cutting it though against these guys.  Last thing we need is OJ out with another injury.   OJs game isn’t much different then LEs, contact isn’t his game.  Benns is. 

Absolutely.... Think OJ will come good, but tonight is going to be a war... Benn’s strength is going to be needed if Myers is out. 

1 minute ago, ruilin96 said:

These 2 games are the toughest games in this series. Without Myers, it is going to be even harder. Here hopes the Blues players are already missing their families and mailing the games in so they can return home.

If we can be up 2-0 this game than I think they would fold and mail it in.

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

Blues last play is to switch in Allan and if we are able to light him up straight away, I think the Blues will will be broken. 

Absolutely.  If Allen comes in and plays great the momentum will be definitely in their court ...

4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

If we can be up 2-0 this game than I think they would fold and mail it in.

I don’t think these guys will mail it in really - under Berube that’s never going to happen.   What they could do - and I hope I’m wrong - is be willing to take suspensions and go after our stars.   If we are up 2-0 in the third I hope EP and BB and QHs get stapled to the bench unless are on the PP...