The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 16th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Is it wrong that, as a Mom, when my daughter said she's coming over today to drop off her bunny (I'm bunsitting for a couple weeks) I said "DO NOT COME BETWEEN 7:30-10:30"?

Bad Mom.

she just assumes you have a "gentleman caller" coming over now :P

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 2

51 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

Ivan Barbashev is back in the line-up for the Blues tonight. 

I believe Allen starts in net. 

Binner has been a bit leaky, but Allen is not good.

He’s an even worse version of Martin Jones - fundamental technique, high skill for his position, but zero heart. 

The only hope for STL there is that the Nucks fall into their “can’t beat the backup” mode (which we have seen a bit in recent years).

Edited by nergish

3 hours ago, MattJVD said:

I'm starting to suspect that the refs are trying to allocate penalties based on impact on the score. Our PP is really clicking, St. Louis's is decent but not as good. The refs are trying to take the effictiveness of special teams out of the series and award GOALS, not penalties for infractions. If Vancouver is scoring on 1 out of every 2 or 3 PPs while St. Louis is scoring on 1 out of every 4 or 5, the refs will try to give us 50 to 75% of the pp time they give the Blues. 

If our PP is working the refs go with

2-1 odds in penalty differential. 

Hey can someone download the awesome article on Manny Malholtra?  I can't from my phone or just to inept lol! 

Well written and just reaffirms how lucky we are to have him as a coach.  He's been a big reason for our post season success (canucks face off % must be up there... Especially with the wild series, we owned them).  He has a great relationship with the players especially Bo... And it shows!

• Cheers 2

Benn brings bite. But he also takes a fair amount of penalties when his feet aren't moving. I'm worried about his ability to keep up with the game. I wouldn't be surprised if Jake sits tonight. 

Maybe green keeps him in and tells him to hit hard. Jake would play better if he put his physicality first in some areas of the ice. He still has to be open for breakout passes but a hit or a run out each shift shouldn't be to difficult if he isn't pinned in his own end. Contact of any kind would work it doesn't have to always be a bone crusher. 

Edited by Rush17

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Benn brings bite. But he also takes a fair amount of penalties when his feet aren't moving. I'm worried about his ability to keep up with the game. I wouldn't be surprised if Jake sits tonight. 

Maybe green keeps him in and tells him to hit hard. Jake would play better if he put his physicality first in some areas of the ice. He still has to be open for breakout passes but a hit or a run out each shift shouldn't be to difficult if he isn't pinned in his own end. Contact of any kind would work it doesn't have to always be a bone crusher. 

Jake keeps taking penalties tho lol. Close to one a game since drawing into the line up. ^_^

Edited by Rush17

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

We are going to struggle to disrupt their cycle without myers size on every other shift. He's like an e brake if your struggling with ur sticks his size can break up the cycle. 

Hope we get better calls after all the messed up calls including the hit from behinds on both Sutter and myers 

According to Drance  the Blues players have been complaining to the refs non stop, squeaky wheel gettin the calls :angry:

• Vintage 1

Bo's got some serious swagger in that video. I like it, a lot.

The Canucks have won 8 or 9 straight playoff games against STL. The Blues, who are 0-5 in the bubble, need to win 4 of the next 5 games. I like the Canucks chances.  

Can't let the Blues back in though, hammer down.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

So if the refs had called a penalty, Myers wouldn't have missed a game? The non sequitur is confusing me a little 

If they called the one on Sutter it reduces the chances of the Myers one happening. Failure to do the former set an example which allowed for more agreesive and dangerous plays 

• Cheers 1