The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Heating up in Belarus

UKNuck96

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53795871

This is the latest report about the tensions in Belarus. This comes after the opposition leader fled the country after being rounded up by the security services and forced to make a video calling for calm. 

Belarus has always been close with Putin and it’s going to be interesting how things progress.

i would not be surprised if the protests grew that they would claim it was instigated by western agents and black flag events and use this as pretence to having Russian troops on the streets

• Cheers 1

Weekend news - Putin offers Lukashenko military support to counter Belarus protests

Sun 16 Aug 2020 20:01:24 GMT

Riots in Belarus have been ongoing all of last week and show no sign of stopping anytime soon

The Financial Times report Russian president Putin has offered military support to embattled Belarus leader Lukashenko.

Kremlin said Putin had spoken with Lukashenko, Putin referred to external pressure on Belarus

FT is gated but there are ungated reports elsewhere. 

Riots in Belarus have been ongoing all of last week and show no sign of stopping anytime soon
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, gurn said:

covid likes this picture.

There are far bigger problems right now in Belarus than covid

If you don't have anything even mildly intelligent to contribute in a subject you clearly know nothing about then don't contribute. Easy!

6 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

If you don't have anything even mildly intelligent to contribute in a subject you clearly know nothing about then don't contribute. Easy!

Have you considered changing your name from Zfetch to Mr. Snarky?

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

Easy there cowboy. No need to get oversensitive over a harmless remark.

2 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

1332411.jpg

Holy that's like the size of an army.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

4 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53795871

This is the latest report about the tensions in Belarus. This comes after the opposition leader fled the country after being rounded up by the security services and forced to make a video calling for calm. 

Belarus has always been close with Putin and it’s going to be interesting how things progress.

i would not be surprised if the protests grew that they would claim it was instigated by western agents and black flag events and use this as pretence to having Russian troops on the streets

I mean USA has had a big budget for "Promoting Democracy" across the world.  They didn't even hide the fact that they gave tons of money to the rebels in Ukraine to overthrow the elected government.  

So I mean the Ukraine situation WAS instigated by the western agents.  NATO immediatly wanted to move forward and put their troops right next door to Russia.  

If a lot of Canadians hated Trudeau, it still wouldn't be fair for outside countries to funnel money into Canada and promote protests that would up heave the country and overthrow the government without a proper election process.  

So I don't have a lot of sympathy for this meddling with other countries and satellite wars.  Look what's happened with countries like Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Syria.  Is it worth for millions of people to die, kids go without a proper education, no health care just to have a revolving door of puppet leaders that support USA or Russia?  

Yugoslavia is a clear example of a country that was pushed into conflict by Germany, UK and USA...  I can tell you first hand that every single one of the little countries that came out of there are much much worst off then they were in the 80s...  you're looking at 30 years of high unemployment, all the educated people leaving the country and just general backward trend in every aspect of the society.  

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

How can the avg bloke hold an informed opinion when western media has long been full of s***?

well first off not everyone treats the western media like a single entity. Also, the insinuation that non western media is not full of $&!# is laughable.

3 hours ago, Zfetch said:

Simmer down skippy, has someone been rattling your cage?

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I mean USA has had a big budget for "Promoting Democracy" across the world.  They didn't even hide the fact that they gave tons of money to the rebels in Ukraine to overthrow the elected government.  

So I mean the Ukraine situation WAS instigated by the western agents.  NATO immediatly wanted to move forward and put their troops right next door to Russia.  

If a lot of Canadians hated Trudeau, it still wouldn't be fair for outside countries to funnel money into Canada and promote protests that would up heave the country and overthrow the government without a proper election process.  

So I don't have a lot of sympathy for this meddling with other countries and satellite wars.  Look what's happened with countries like Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Syria.  Is it worth for millions of people to die, kids go without a proper education, no health care just to have a revolving door of puppet leaders that support USA or Russia?  

Yugoslavia is a clear example of a country that was pushed into conflict by Germany, UK and USA...  I can tell you first hand that every single one of the little countries that came out of there are much much worst off then they were in the 80s...  you're looking at 30 years of high unemployment, all the educated people leaving the country and just general backward trend in every aspect of the society.  

I can also tell you that majority of people that were involved in the war.

Grew up together, went to school together, lived together etc.

People that I grew up with, went to school with or was related to, split to different sides.

Sure, other countries played a role in that conflict, but the war can be blamed mostly on people that lived there.

Edited by CBH1926

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

While the USA does medal a lot, if they meddled in Ukraine for the separatists it makes no sense unless it was don’t to specifically underminen the EU as the government was pro joining the EU and was In the process looking to start one of the 20 books  needed to get into regulatory alignment 

6 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

All Luckashenko is trying to do is MBGA!!! I smell deep state Soros, Obama, Killary, Trudeau, commie, fascist, antifa terrorists trying to overthrow a dually elected president that 100% of true Belarus patriots support.

He's had 26 years to do that. If he hasn't gotten it there yet, it ain't happening.