The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Super Duper Vanilla Game (Game Over: Mafia Wins!)

Rate this topic

GGs mafia

Not that this would've stopped the wolves from stomping but with 17 players and normal conditions - low PRs and no PMing - 4 wolves is the standard number. Seems small but the wolves needed to balance a game doesn't scale linearly from smaller setups (like the cop 13er with 3 wolves). 

But I guess I understand if hosts want to increase that number since the wolves haven't done so well lately. The composition probably should depend on the roster too I suppose. 

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

Classic BJ confused reaction. I'm reporting this.

The simplest way to balance the numbers in a simple game with more than 10 players is to take the square root of the number of players. I know it gets more complicated than that but it generally works for games with a few power-roles and fewer than 30 players. 15-19 players should just be 4 wolves with varying amounts of power distributed to even things up. 

I wouldn't go to 5 wolves/scum until you're at or over 20 players. 

• Wat 2
  • Vintage 1

Sorry BJ. Not trying to $&!# on your game or the wolf win. This was a well-run game and the wolves obviously deserved it. 

I just have the propensity to comment on the balance of every setup I see...for the sake of future games. I can't help it. :P

• Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1
5 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Classic BJ confused reaction. I'm reporting this.

The confused react is nearly as destructive as an atomic bomb. Before you confuse react somebody, think about how it might hurt somebody. To the people out there who have been confused reacted....we are here for you.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 3
  • Vintage 1
3 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

The confused react is nearly as destructive as an atomic bomb. Before you confuse react somebody, think about how it might hurt somebody. To the people out there who have been confused reacted....we are here for you.

Confused reacting to every post was a play I wanted to try. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 5
18 minutes ago, luckylager said:

He's been active in CT here and there.

Pretty sure he's right pissed at me. My in-game persona can be a bit of an asshole.

I don't blame him for his butthurt

Next time use more lube to prevent the butthurt. 

• Like 1