The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 16, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Didn't think we deserved the win tonight to be honest. There were some absolute brutal plays throughout the game that quite frankly, should have been goals. Marky kept us in it and got us to OT where they continued to out play us for the most part. Not too disappointed but am definitely wanting a better performance tomorrow.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Stecher, Motte, and Macewen just tilting the ice for the blues with how unbelievably terrible they all were with the puck tonight. And it was consistent. Consistently throw it away despite having time and space. Stecher in particular made so many awful decisions including on the losing goal. Have absolutely no remote idea what he was thinking on the 1-1 goal. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Fire Green!

Legit as overused as this is, it's games like these which were more than winnable where we really saw a huge flaw in his coaching. The team tried all game not to lose. You'd think they were up by 2 the whole game. 

• Wat 7
  • Upvote 1

I get that Virtanen tripped him but I mean I seen 3 Blues penalties ignored. Which I was fine with considering its OT and a lot at stake. However you cant just put the whistle away for 1 team. If any of those 3 calls were called then we would be up 3-0

I defend reffing a lot. Tonight you guys messed up big time and now that Blues squad has a lot more confidence. Thanks refs!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

that penalty on Jake killed our momentum, the Blows suck they pose no threat offensively so of course the refs gift them a powerplay.

im not too upset, the Blows had to work hard for their goals and are lucky to win this game. I predict the Canucks open the floodgates tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1