The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 16, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Bitter Melon said:

Agreed, as long as Stecher is the one getting blatantly elbowed in the head its A-Ok.

Edler pushed the St Louis guy into Stecher.  Can't call that a penalty.  They should've called a lot of the hooking and tripping on the Blues though.  I was surprised that they chose to call Virtanen on his penalty (was a penalty) after they ignored all the Blues' infractions.  

Better team won tonight unfortunately. Onto game 4. 

Major bummer, but a really good hockey game overall. Boys played well but couldn't do much in the 3rd and beyond. Had our chances but St Louis wanted it more.  

Talk about tomorrow being an important game.  

Did anyone else think Pearson looked tired all night? Something just looked a bit off. What a game for Fantenberg, man did he ever step up. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Brock Botanen said:

I get that Virtanen tripped him but I mean I seen 3 Blues penalties ignored. Which I was fine with considering its OT and a lot at stake. However you cant just put the whistle away for 1 team. If any of those 3 calls were called then we would be up 3-0

I defend reffing a lot. Tonight you guys messed up big time and now that Blues squad has a lot more confidence. Thanks refs!

Stecher gets elbowed in the face in clear view of the refs = no penalty. 

Rough game, we just got outworked in the last period and OT, Blues were hungrier. Green needs to get his guys angry and amped for a big Game 4 which may well decide the series. 2-2 and the Blues have all the momentum but 3-1 is hard to come back from.

Will be interesting to see when Demko gets a start because 3 games in a row is tough for even Marky. I'd play Demko tomorrow then back to Markstrom for what will either be the clincher of massive Game 5.

Going forward we need more of a net presence to beat Allen, we got lucky against a bad Binnington but need to play Allen the way we did Stalock who was pretty strong.

• Like 1

Good game...

Blues came out as a team who were up against the wall...but boys stood up to them...

Missed Myers in front of the goal tonight.

Still up 2-1 so we'll take it as it comes...  

Whats with BB... Looked sluggish and off...

And Roussel none existent...

Get the win tonight instead and we are golden... 

Edited by spook007
  • Like 1

not sure why anyone is blaming hughes.. it's not like he was caught pinching.. he was the only man in on the forecheck with 4 canucks in the neutral zone changing and not watching the players on the ice. if hughes jumped in with 3 other canucks in the offensive zone sure blame him.. but he literally was the only one in the offensive zone lol

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2