The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 17th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G4

Rate this topic

Roberts

Blues wants to win tonight making the series tie.

Canucks wants to win tonight to lead the series 3-1.

Both side face high pressure.

I will like to let Marky rest in the 2nd game BTB, and try Demko due to he has a good record this year of winning Blues.

Keep the other lineup if they are health.

GO CANUCKS GO

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Rabbit said:

Blues wants to win tonight making the series tie.

Canucks wants to win tonight to lead the series 3-1.

Both side face high pressure.

I will like to let Marky rest in the 2nd game BTB, and try Demko due to he has a good record this year of winning Blues.

Keep the other lineup if they are health.

GO CANUCKS GO

Apparently Marky actually have better numbers playing the tail end of the back to back so...

3 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

He going to be a health scratch 

Shouldn't laugh but I'd sit him for Gaudette. I'd maybe take MacEwen out as he struggled last game but Jake struggles most games.

Miller-Petey-Gaudette

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser 

Roussel-Sutter-MacEwen 

Motte-Beagle-Eriksson

Edited by Outsiders

32 minutes ago, Roberts said:

My GDT win streak lasted from January 2nd, 2019, to August 16th, 2020. The first win was against the Ottawa when Pettersson scored in overtime to get his first career hat trick.

Genuinely think if this year happens to be the year however unlikely you deserve a shout out by the club

18 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Boeser needs to get going. And Horvat as much of a beast as he has been can't go all or most of regulation without a shot. Too much firepower between the two; if either of them registered even a single shot maybe we don't play OT last night and are up 3-0.

so you are blaming the game loss on Boeser and Horvat?

Roberts.   Thx for the GDT...we knew we wouldn’t go 16-0 in the actual playoff rounds.   I will take 2–1 anyday against these guys so thanks your still good luck and I vote we keep it up until the end (if you can make the time).   Looking forward to losing sleep tonight.  The only contribution I can make is staying up until the game is done - 1:30 or so plus a game buzz that lasts a whole lot longer then that so far.    Don’t mind going to bed at 2:00 or even 4:30am and getting up at 7:00 if that’s what it takes.   

Biggest game of the playoffs so far tonight (again which is great). We can beat these chumps.   Wonder if Demko gets the game ... doesn’t matter either way... every game so far since game one against MIN we’ve been in it ... and know how to tie games up and know how to shot suppress (blocks) and are awesome in the dot and have the higher skill set.   Markstrom won’t let us lose this series.  We won’t lose this series and your GDTs are going to be part of some awesome memories. 

Shades of Lindens teams.   Shades of CAL/VAN 89 too.   And CAL/VAN 94.   It’s not a coin toss.  Still feel like we can beat these guys in 5.

Edited by IBatch
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

TAKE IT BACK!

This one's ours...Blues are going to beat themselves up and not be able to keep up with our young guns.

I hate losing.  It's not an option.

The kids will be ready. The vets will be primed. Lets show these *UY$*#Y$# who the real champs are!

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

Travis has a few more grey hairs in the span of three years..

Being a head coach at a Canadian hockey city will do that to you. As much as I love the Canucks, I don't envy the coaching or any front office position in Vancouver. Same with any other major Canadian cities, too much attention paid to every single move.

• Cheers 1