The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 17th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G4

Rate this topic

Roberts

I think we win this one - I also think maybe the game opens up a little more.  My hope is our young guys wear the Blues out - our  young group is pretty fast.  But the Blues are not gonna go away easy

I'm going off to think more positive thoughts

Go Canucks Go

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So basically, in the final minute, Eriksson scores an empty-net goal to give the Canucks a two-goal lead and then the Blues get one in the in the final few seconds making Eriksson’s goal the game-winning goal?

That would work for me!!!

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So basically, in the final minute, Eriksson scores an empty-net goal to give the Canucks a two-goal lead and then the Blues get one in the in the final few seconds making Eriksson’s goal the game-winning goal?

My powers are limited. I do not know the sequence. LOL

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

You heard it here first. Eriksson with the ENG.

ftfy

jokes aside, I was really hoping he could muster something offensive and get that monkey off his back (again) - but he just looks incapable of producing anything - he not only has some of the consistently worst luck I've ever seen, but he also seems like broken confidence with the puck on his stick - like he scarcely intends or expects to produce any longer.  He could be a real wild card if he could contribute at all to the Horvat-Pearson drive with the puck.

I might (situationally) try what a poster above suggested - swap Virtanen and LE in the right circumstances - load up the speed, forecheck, the threat on the 2nd line by putting Virtanen on Pearson's opposing wing with Horvat, and with Sutter's line playing shutdown, LE is a capable complement there as well.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Eriksson is going to dangle the entire Blues line up and pull up a Forsberg move on the goalie to score the game winner. :lol:

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Hate to say it, but this game is a mental do-or-die for the young Canucks core.  Should the Blues win this and tie up the series, it'll surely shake the nerves of our young team and the Blues will probably prey on that and take the series in 6 or 7.  However, win tonight, and I think it'll be lights out for the Blues in 6.

Either way, this series was probably perfect for building experience in this young Canucks team. 

Go Canucks Go !!

yeah, I'm not so sure about that. 

these ain't your daddy's Canucks. 

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

And if fresh legs are needed, neither Graovac nor Bailey are rookies.  Tyler has played 70 NHL games, and Justin 65, although neither has played post- season. Big bodies, too.  6'5"/210 and 6'4"/214 respectively

I'd like to see Bailey's speed against the Blues. I might even sit both Jake and MacEwen for Gaudette and Bailey.

St Louis hasn't honestly been as physical as I thought they would be, so I'd even venture putting OJ in, if at worst as a 7th dman and give him gradual minutes to feel comfortable. But perhaps if we can get up to 3-1 in the series. Might be a bit risky in a pivotal game. However it does look like St Louis has struggled against our transitional game and OJ makes a great outlet pass.