The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Happy Birthday, Jake Virtanen!

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Happy Birthday Jake. Never mind the idiots.

It seems like he is gaining confidence and I hope he sticks to how ever Green wants him to play!

No reason for him to cross a line and get a penalty to mollify a small vocal segment who will just find something else to point at!! Play smart. Keep working within the system.

Oh, if you don't have an outlet pass in the O-zone, just pull it back the boards and battle some more. Don't just throw it to the middle of the ice hoping a team mate is there. Pass that one along to Zack as well.

I feel like Virtanen has made great strides as a hockey player. I just think that his time on the team is close to being up, especially if the Canucks are trying to improve their team in the offseason. I don't hate Virtanen. I want him to succeed, but he has been a letdown, despite the fact that he's had a career year this year. He has undoubtedly made progress. It's just too bad that he's not the finished product that the Canucks hoped he would be.

17 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

dont judge, who can really say how long anyone could last in a bubble? 

Oil industry workers for one. Pipeline workers , industrial construction.....u know pretty much any one of the thousands that work in camps . The problem with guys like rask is they dont have to worry about putting food on the table,  so leaving is not much of an issue . I dont buy into the excuses for leaving teammates high and dry because its hard.  Tons of people that do have to worry about putting food on the table have been living and working in much worse conditions. They have also been doing it for decades . I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for them living in 5 star hotels and getting paid millions for a couple months. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Oil industry workers for one. Pipeline workers , industrial construction.....u know pretty much any one of the thousands that work in camps . The problem with guys like rask is they dont have to worry about putting food on the table,  so leaving is not much of an issue . I dont buy into the excuses for leaving teammates high and dry because its hard.  Tons of people that do have to worry about putting food on the table have been living and working in much worse conditions. They have also been doing it for decades . I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for them living in 5 star hotels and getting paid millions for a couple months. 

I was talking about sex, but I totally agree. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, kilgore said:

"24 and there's so much more"

- Neil Young

Happy B day Jake.

;)

Could you imagine him with the same drive or intensity as Motte or others?

With his speed and size  we would be hearing  his name on every shift and be making people fear to play him, (as he a few years said he wanted)

Coming out party tonight hopefully