The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues game 5 | Aug. 19, 2020, 7:30pm | Series tied 2-2

Rate this topic

cuporbust

• -DLC- featured and pinned this topic
6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Is Roberts opting out now?

His streak is over .... I have faith in you and our team COB.  This can be the real deal if it's not up within 30 minutes or so.

Go Canucks Go!

Was listening to The Fox at the beach last night....I love that people are enthusiastic, but I wish they'd pay attention.  The host was doing a Canucks hype and she said "tomorrow it's..do or die.  Final game/game 5".  

Wrong. 

Well there's your problem :lol:

Anyways, go Canucks go. It kind of 'is' do or die in a way, St. Louis will keep building momentum, so the little run has to be stopped here.

Will Green do better without last change? Where it's up to the guys rather than a coach trying to out-think the game? Perhaps. I'm curious.

Also have to put in 3 full periods this time around, no vacations for 10 minutes.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

Thanks for the temporary thread. I think the title should read ‘[GDT]...’ and not ‘[GTD]’ though. ;)

Canucks are gonna look sharp in their away jerseys! It brought them luck in the first 2 games, I see the same in game 5.

Thanks...fixed it for him (I'm sure he's out gathering info for us)

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Is Roberts opting out now?   His streak is over but I had faith in him .... I have faith in you and our team too, COB.  This can be the real deal if it's not up within 30 minutes or so.  Thanks for jumping in with this.

Go Canucks Go!

Was listening to The Fox at the beach last night....I love that people are enthusiastic, but I wish they'd pay attention.  The host was doing a Canucks hype and she said "tomorrow's it..do or die.  Final game/game 5".  

Wrong. 

I think what they meant was “ the final game “ for the Blues to feel confident because after we win game 5 we will take it in 6. :towel:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Is Roberts opting out now?   His streak is over but I had faith in him .... I have faith in you and our team too, COB.  This can be the real deal.  Thanks for jumping in with it.

Go Canucks Go!

Was listening to The Fox at the beach last night....I love that people are enthusiastic, but I wish they'd pay attention.  The host was doing a Canucks hype and she said "tomorrow it's..do or die.  Final game/game 5".  

Wrong. 

Hope ya guys dont mind, just thought I'd do a quick one. U can delete it if Roberts decides to do one I guess.

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

Let’s go boys. Hope one of Myers or Toffoli gets back into the lineup. 

There is chatter that 1 of the 2 could be returning tonight. My money would be Toff.... I’d love it to be Myers but I think he’s out until round 2 unfortunately. :towel:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

There is chatter that 1 of the 2 could be returning tonight. My money would be Toff.... I’d love it to be Myers but I think he’s out until round 2 unfortunately. :towel:

We will be in great shape if both Toff and Myers comes back in. Could really need both of them.

One still helps especially if it is Myers.

If this series has taught us anything is that Myers is essential to our defense. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Vintage 1

Win or lose it's been fn to have  some hockey to watch

But like many I think the Canucks can still pull this off - pending how serious injuries are - I am thinking some of our guys are getting a little banged up.

It's a great learning experience for the young core  - they'll be ready for the cup run!

Go Canucks Go

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Hope ya guys dont mind, just thought I'd do a quick one. U can delete it if Roberts decides to do one I guess.

No...it is very much appreciated.  Do your stuff, good job!

I have to head out now for a few hours so as far as I'm concerned, this is the GDT for today. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

We will be in great shape if both Toff and Myers comes back in. Could really need both of them.

650 was reporting this morning that Myers unlikely to return this series so it would be quite a surprise to see him in the line-up tonight.  I would not be as surprised to see Toffoli in the line-up but hope he can be effective if he does play.  It would be a pretty different look in the top 6 if Toffoli is in and can play effectively.